new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

21cwbro.jpg

This liverpool side is so much fucking fun!

Agger was disgraceful, totally at fault in both goals. Hopefully there's a bit of learning in that for him, the lazy cunt.

Dossena is a fucking donkey.

We are a disaster at the back this season. Bizzarro.

'Mon the fucking POOOOOL!

This liverpool side is so much fucking fun!

Agger was disgraceful, totally at fault in both goals. Hopefully there's a bit of learning in that for him, the lazy cunt.

Dossena is a fucking donkey.

We are a disaster at the back this season. Bizzarro.

'Mon the fucking POOOOOL!
agger was out of it for the first goal, but disgrace? he set up kuyt's first and it wasn't his fault, the second goal. dossena lost his man, even when he was in front of him, and where was arbeloa? five yards off his man, the tit. that said, what a finish, 9 times out of ten, that's in the stand.

take away aggers aberration (his aggeration, if you will), which gifted them a goal, and it would have been pretty easy, all in all. valencia's sending off...well he flew into xabi, with his feet off the air, it was a definite yellow card at least. maybe the first yellow was bollocks, maybe the ref had warned him, whatever, he knew he was carded when he threw himself into that challenge, so he can't really complain. wigan were good and all, but they're not that good. if agger's first touch was true, would they have scored at all in that game?

good crack to watch tho.

pennant was good too, i thought.

Whatever about mistakes making it a more difficult game, Kuyt's goals were pretty fortunate as well. Neither of them were really clean hits. First: almost straight at the keeper and lucky to deflect in. The second: a volley into the ground and up over the keeper. I've never seen him slot one neatly into the corner like Torres.

I can't see Chelsea being caught this year. 7 starters missing away on Saturday and they still hammered a useful Boro side.

Whatever about mistakes making it a more difficult game, Kuyt's goals were pretty fortunate as well. Neither of them were really clean hits. First: almost straight at the keeper and lucky to deflect in. The second: a volley into the ground and up over the keeper. I've never seen him slot one neatly into the corner like Torres.

I can't see Chelsea being caught this year. 7 starters missing away on Saturday and they still hammered a useful Boro side.
yeah, every goal dirk scores, he likes to twat the keeper. apart from the goals, though, wigan had one other opportunity? and both their goals were remarkable, wher as dirks were just crap. if that thunderbolt he smacked in from 20 yards hadn't been saved, we'd be having a different conversation.

Another very entertaining Liverpool win. Whoodda thunk it? We really do need to stop putting ourselves under the pressure to comeback though.

Kuyt, fair fucks. Graceless, lucky as fuck but doing the business when called upon. Keane owes him a few pints for distracting from his barren spell. Riera is looking more and more like he'll be making some decisive contributions this year. Pennants cross for the winner will win him some plaudits, but I still don't think he made a major argument for his inclusion. At the moment Dossena is really struggling to convince anyone that he's worth the fuss, but I've a feeling he's going to come good. I'll give him til Christmas to get his shit together. Good to see Agger back, likewise he'll need a few games before he settles again.

Inclined to agree that Chelsea look an incredibly comfortable, rounded team and will take some undoing. But then again, Arsenal looked pretty unstoppable last year. Chelsea have more experience and a better squad but they'll hit a wobble at some point. I'll be happy if we can get a draw at Stamford Bridge and be within a few points of them come January.

Its the same every season. The early optimism. The talk of winning the league. Then there's a bad run of dropping points to Boltons and Wigans. And then by Easter its about getting the last Champion's League spot. I don't see this season being any different.

Its the same every season. The early optimism. The talk of winning the league. Then there's a bad run of dropping points to Boltons and Wigans. And then by Easter its about getting the last Champion's League spot. I don't see this season being any different.

Oh come on, can the pessimism for a while at least. We've had similar false dawns but there's a big difference in the team this season, and that difference is that we have developed a winning mentality.

You can have all the flair, talent and 50 million quid on the bench, but without confidence and belief you won't challenge. The other title challengers all have recent glories to draw strength from, so it's much harder for us to actually think we can sustain. But everyone has to start somewhere. As you point out last year we dropped points to Wigan, whom you may have noticed we just beat after being behind, ditto Man City, ditto Borough. And we've beaten the fucking Mancs. The old doubts that plagued us for years smashed to bits. We know we can beat them, and if we can beat them it's open season. Yes we are playing well under par so far but we are winning as a team. Last year we'd go behind and lose pitifully, this year we refuse to be beaten by anyone. I think a sustained challenge is the most we can hope for, but if you're not prepared to have hope after this start I don't know why you're bothering to support them in the first place.

You're right. You got to keep optimistic - thats what being a supporter is all about.

Looking in as a neutral though there is always something a bit shakey about the Liverpool setup. Even when they're winning and winning well there's this nagging feeling that its only a matter of time before the wheels come off. Maybe its the lack of consistency over previous seasons has left this sort of impression.

They seem to be an all or nothing side - they'll beat United one week and go out and lose to Bolton the next. I don't think its a confidence thing. They have enough confidence to take on the big teams and win - its just the small occasions they have trouble with.

I don't think they'll be derailed by the Boltons and Blackburns this year. I reckon they'll bottle it in the run in instead, cos they haven't been in a title race when it comes to squeeky bum time.

You're right. You got to keep optimistic - thats what being a supporter is all about.

Looking in as a neutral though there is always something a bit shakey about the Liverpool setup. Even when they're winning and winning well there's this nagging feeling that its only a matter of time before the wheels come off. Maybe its the lack of consistency over previous seasons has left this sort of impression.

They seem to be an all or nothing side - they'll beat United one week and go out and lose to Bolton the next. I don't think its a confidence thing. They have enough confidence to take on the big teams and win - its just the small occasions they have trouble with.

Oh right, I see. But the thing is we haven't played or lost to Bolton yet and the result at the weekend disproves your point about us not being able to win against smaller teams does it not? I know what you're saying about nagging feelings, but we should get back to this if and when we start fucking up.

Lets see what happens. I still can't help feeling that its another Liverpool false dawn. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

agger was out of it for the first goal, but disgrace? he set up kuyt's first and it wasn't his fault, the second goal. dossena lost his man, even when he was in front of him, and where was arbeloa? five yards off his man, the tit. that said, what a finish, 9 times out of ten, that's in the stand.

pennant was good too, i thought.

No, no, no.

Agger should have stuck just as tight on valencia as Dossena for the second one - he was right there for chrissakes. If I'd already gifted one goal, I sure as fuck spend the rest of the game making sure i didn't put a foot wrong, rather than getting bored of trying to get the ball five yards from the box and loping away randomly. I'm really hoping it's a one off but he was awful defensively. Don't get me started on Arbeloa.

Pennant was pretty good in flashes allright, as was xabi.

I'm still totally loving this though. I was on holiday in Poland for the only scoreless draw we've had all season.

No, no, no.

Agger should have stuck just as tight on valencia as Dossena for the second one - he was right there for chrissakes. If I'd already gifted one goal, I sure as fuck spend the rest of the game making sure i didn't put a foot wrong, rather than getting bored of trying to get the ball five yards from the box and loping away randomly. I'm really hoping it's a one off but he was awful defensively. Don't get me started on Arbeloa.

Pennant was pretty good in flashes allright, as was xabi.

I'm still totally loving this though. I was on holiday in Poland for the only scoreless draw we've had all season.
which one, stoke, liege or villa?

aha!

Ha!

I was talking about Stoke. Forgot all about the other two, although 0-0 in villa park is by no means a disaster, even if it looked like that's all we thought we could get.

I am clearly forgetting to sweat the little stuff.
i was bothered by the villa result at the time, cos they'd won there last season, but we've gotten more points against the manchester club and wigan than last season.

still, if it's like this in march, then grand. i'm with wheels, i'd rather fuck away the league in the last few weeks than in december.

arbeloa: fucking somnambulist. where was bennyoon? fucking hell, liverpool stopped bothering. they knew that the result meant fuck all.

and robbie keane....jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back