NEW CASS MC COMBS (1 Viewer)

i have the new new one. out in june. only listened to jonesy boy so far, but it is fucking delightful.

As good as Dropping the Writ do you reckon?

Not sure. Its quite relaxed and there's nothing as rawkus as Lionkiller... but I'm addicted to Jonesy Boy at the moment. I've listened to it twice over the last couple of days. Its good. Not gonna make a comparison just yet though!

If anyone wants to be pointed in its direction I'm sure I can help out via pm. (Hint: google will find it.)

(and yes, of course I'll be buying it.).

hang on a sec. Cass McCombs isn't the guy from Supergrass then?

Yr thinking of Chas McLoone:

mcloone.jpg

Picked up Catacombs at the weekend... it's fuckin great.
Lyrically, it seems more autobiographical and less obtuse than his other stuff (well certainly on 'Lionkiller Got Married' and 'The Executioner's Song')
Probably the nicest production on a Cass record yet.

It's mad that he got Karen Black to sing on it too!
I thought it must just be some young wan with the same name, but no, it is actually the auld wan from Five Easy Pieces and Airport etc...

was just gonna post up too!

picked up the vinyl pressing and have had it on constantly. ronan has pretty much got it there. its definitely a grower i think. takes a few listens to sink into it as its kinda slower and subtler than his previous outings. great album for the summer. be great to see(hint for foggy) him back playing these songs again. they were really great at his last show.

was just gonna post up too!

picked up the vinyl pressing and have had it on constantly. ronan has pretty much got it there. its definitely a grower i think. takes a few listens to sink into it as its kinda slower and subtler than his previous outings. great album for the summer. be great to see(hint for foggy) him back playing these songs again. they were really great at his last show.

Aye, by the second and third listens I've already got that 'oh I love this song' feeling for most of the album. Think Don't Vote is my favourite at the moment. No, Prima Donna, no -

If he does play again it better make up for that curfew shambles in Whelan's. Let the man play as long as he wants!

Aye, by the second and third listens I've already got that 'oh I love this song' feeling for most of the album. Think Don't Vote is my favourite at the moment. No, Prima Donna, no -

If he does play again it better make up for that curfew shambles in Whelan's. Let the man play as long as he wants!
yup. first and only time ive had a punter get in my face cos i asked him to show some respect for the people listening.

yup. first and only time ive had a punter get in my face cos i asked him to show some respect for the people listening.

You were well within your rights too. Shouting into a mobile 'Yeah I'm in Whelans too - where abouts are you???!' at the top of your voice when there's a band playing quietly deserves a swift knee to the nads if you ask me. I appreciate that Whelans make a lot more money during their club time than from a Cass McCombs gig, but there's got to be a better changeover than just letting punters in while the gig is still on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back