My Sunday (thread i started in 1988). (1 Viewer)

kirstie said:
I really can't remember a lot about being 14 at all though, it was 18 years ago...

See, now in 18 years I'll be really glad you said that because no one will ever believe me when I say things like that *sighs (in the future tense)*

nEiLo said:
i don't like duran duran's new sound at all...
it pains me to have to agree with you. big thing stunk, even after i'd grown to like notorius. however, i'm keeping that tomeself and lsitening to pil and the velvet underground.

anyway, shouldn't paul moreley and sarah cox have posted by now? and half the cast of brookside.

anyone see barnsies goal against the r's buh?

oh, and all your pocket money on wimbledon to win the f.a. cup.

kirstie said:
FENOR!
what you go through on the way to Annestown? (I spent lots of time in Tramore as a childer)

Jaysis, I didn't think anyone was actually from Fenor.
dear diary - today i went over to annestown after school with the brother on the bikes. and there was some tourist bitch called kirstie annoying me - she looked like a moody cow and she was taking the piss out of fenor - so i threw sand in her face and ran away. that showed her. she'll never remember if we meet again anyway so it's allright.

I found an old diary from the mid-1980s, and, due to my spotty memory and my inner revisionist historian, while I know I've always been a bit of a loser, I had no idea just how much of a geek I actually was. I tended not to have crushes on celebrities, but apparently (and Shine, you'll like this), I did actually write -- in my diary -- a love letter to River Phoenix. Dunno if it was 1988, though. Somewhere between 1986 and 1988, I'd imagine.

Can't remember much else about 1988, except my life sucked because I was 12/13, and I was fat and had bifocals and braces, and I could not have been dealt a shittier hand in the appearance department in adolescence. I was also really good at math and singing and sewing. And now I am good at neither. I made Lisa Simpson look cool. I also played the saxophone, but was never very good at it.

Sometime in 1988, I was probably putting the finishing touches on my first architectural survey, which I did on colonial-era houses in the town where I lived. I was also in a play that I have since realised was devised by a teacher who wanted to cast all the kids who were considered too aesthetically objectionable for the regular school play. I was also probably campaigning for Michael Dukakis and Lloyd Bentsen, and was frequently aghast that the likes of Pat Robertson could ever think he could be president.

I'm not selling myself very well here.

Gah. I'm not even cool when I get nostalgic.

I'll get me glasses. Line forms to the left to give me wedgies.

ETA: I also had a mad crush on a guy named Chip. And a boy called Morgan asked me to dance at the school dance, and I was mortified, and assumed it was out of pity. The worst part was that it was to STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN, which goes on for like a hundred years, and I just wanted to go home. Looking back, he was kind of cute, and it probably wasn't.

I just got a single by a band called Danny Wilson called 'Marys Prayer' on tape. I reckon they're gonna be huge.

Saw Buster in the cinema last night. Who would have thought Phil Collins could act so well? I'd say the offers are rolling in now, its only a matter of time before he wins an oscar.

I hate turning the turf every summer. Can't wait till I go to Dublin when I'm older and then I'll never have to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back