My Sunday (thread i started in 1988). (1 Viewer)

ah yes 88 - i'm in sydney with the rellies, heliping them celebrate the bicentenery. i'm eating a sand covered anzac right now and getting my first sexual feelings for a few hot looking 8 year old surfer dudes further down the beach.

i'm going to eat another anzac now and muster up the courage to go up to them and flirt in the only way a five-year-old knows how.............

by singing my rendition of 'feed the birds' from mary poppins. with a mouthful of biscuit.

Saturday night, so I'm gonna go swimming in Portmarnock pool then come home and have tea and bread and jam in the sitting room watching Dallas.

While the break is on, I'll sprint upstairs and try to get into my pyjamas and be back down before the break ends.

On the Sunday night, I'll do the same, except with Glenroe.

Then I'll think about how I'm not that keen on Junior Infants, and that I'm worried about my role as the Skipping Girl in our summer play. The sandals they're making me wear aren't that good for skipping and I dont really know if I can skip continuously for as long as necessary without the rope getting caught up in my feet. These are worrying times for my 5 year old self. Actually, it's not July yet so I'm still 4. Silly me. I'm looking forward to the family summer holiday in Rosses Point, where we've been going every year. We stay in my aunty Molly's cottage where she grew up. It's got a big double bed that folds out of the wall and it's only deadly. All 7 of us will pack into the Renault 12 and off we'll go.

Ah yeah.

I can't remember anything about 1988, except that I was 14 and probably a miserable little cow.

FENOR!
what you go through on the way to Annestown? (I spent lots of time in Tramore as a childer)

Jaysis, I didn't think anyone was actually from Fenor.

Shine said:
u worked in the L&N? u from tramore? i'm from fenor biy. i definately have a diary from 1988 somewhere in a box in fenor too... thankfully not here... sorry - in character - today... ah jaysus - let's face it - i'm nine - today i was putting the stickers into my smash hits sticker album - i got glenn medeiros, rick astley, sabrina and mel&kim.. i been listening to the kylie album i taped off my friend. (i won't possess my own first album until next year when i spurn smash hits for raw, start writing band names in tippex on my bag and buy my first album - motley crue's dr. feelgood. i will learn every word. i will forever retain my eclectically shit taste in music.) i'm reading things like judy blume and the flowers in the attic series that are being passed around school.. but i'm hiding them from me mam - cos there are dirty weird things in them.

kirstie said:
Hmm. No, probably not.

I can't fathom anyone not looking forward to 'the 'Burbs' next year. 'Rover red rover, let Ray go on over...good job, over.'
'Hey Pinocchio!!' - cue the best sliding tackle in a movie ever. God, I was in Dern Heaven with that one.

Busy at Maths 1 is far too big a book for a 5 year old.

And why is the writing so big? I'm 5, not blind! jesus

seanc said:
Busy at Maths 1 is far too big a book for a 5 year old.

That's why they won't give it to you til you get to 1st class. You can stick to Busy at Maths Senior Infants for now. The book AND the workbook. And write in pencil dammit! We want to be able to sell this over the summer.

I really can't remember a lot about being 14 at all though, it was 18 years ago...

Nate Champion said:
I can't fathom anyone not looking forward to 'the 'Burbs' next year. 'Rover red rover, let Ray go on over...good job, over.'
'Hey Pinocchio!!' - cue the best sliding tackle in a movie ever. God, I was in Dern Heaven with that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back