My new gaff is Foookin freezin...suggestions? (3 Viewers)

deadly!

Wearing a sleeping bag is good too, the hopping around like a child in a sack race ain't flattering, I'll be honest with you... but the sleeping where ever you fall aspect is a definite bonus

I'm betting that one of these will make my winter much more comfortable next year.

selk.jpg

fan heaters are kak they dry up the air way too much. get one of these and hide it behind a chair

I second that. Those portable oil heaters are great.

Last time I took instructions from a plumber over the phone while I bled the boiler itself. I got a hard-on just typing that.

I re-lit the pilot light on my boiler over the winter, it was amazing

Afterwards I crushed a can of beer against my forehead, tore several white t-shirts off my back and killed a wild animal

We got an oil-filled electric radiator for a real cold room once and it worked well.

With storage heaters there's usually an "input" and an "output" knob - the input controls the current going into the heater and how hot it gets at, the output controls the flow of air past the heater and therefore the transfer of heat from the heater to the air. Turn up the input to max, turn the output down to minimum when you're not there and when you're going to bed and then back up again when you're in the room. Takes a while to get it right, but we lived in a place with just storage heaters for a while and it was fine once we got the hang of it

what egg_ says is right, also there is a thermostat somewhere in the house (usually in the hall) and make sure that is up to some reasonable temperature or else they wont come on at all.
I have storage heaters in my house and they are great and they run on half price electricity so they only come on at 2am ish and off at 7am. Also make sure you have nothing in front of them cause the temperature settings on these can be sensitive causing them to trip out, which means you have to open them and reset the little switch inside. :mad:

but once you get the hang of them they can make the house quite cozy!!!!

When you get some more oil I can foresee a thread entitled 'how to get rid of an air lock?'.
we got more oil the next day. i think after a 35 year career in the construction industry, my da doesn't need to consult a bunch of goateed shoegazers on how to set up his boiler.

Edel, you could try putting on some weight?

(.|..|)

Anyway, you could do like the pikeys across the river - fire in a barrel - whenever, wherever. It's even transportable so you can tow it from room to room as you go about your business.

Just don't knock til you've tried it.

If it happens again try

Palace Bros Plumbing 087 yeooodel

Indie Plumbers

"but you didn't even fix my leak!"

"that was never the point of indie plumbing, the point was to express ourselves and have a good time and make friends"

"but... my leak!!!"

"listen, maybe you should call some major plumber who wants to fix leaks and get paid for it too... "

edel, one good thing is that summer is on its way so hopefully you'll be warmer then.
on another note, anyone get their gas bill lately. eh...nearly €200...is it just me or was gas meant to be going down in price not up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back