My new gaff is Foookin freezin...suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This is going to be one of the problems of finding a nice extra heater too. They're all fucking horrible looking.

Patio_Heaters.jpg

go for the whole "Pub Smoking Garden But In A Bedroom" sort of vibe

LLB100.jpg

Where does one buy electric heaters? My office is like frickin Siberia and I'm the only one in here (sob) so it's down to me to warm it up - been wearing five layers of clothing every day for bout two weeks now, the michelin man look is just not working for me dahling

Where does one buy electric heaters? My office is like frickin Siberia and I'm the only one in here (sob) so it's down to me to warm it up - been wearing five layers of clothing every day for bout two weeks now, the michelin man look is just not working for me dahling

I'm thinking Argos?

or power city or did
some company do fairly acceptable looking retro esque ones, it might be de longhi

Argos

they do one for 18 quid

supress the part of your brain going "18 QUID!!! there is NO WAY this thing is safe"

I don't know what you're fucking laughing about. You'll be shivering eating your dinner on Friday night (you just don't know about it yet :) )

there's nothing funny about a burning house. unless it's someone else's house.. and you started it.. and they're inside.

anyway, sure I'll wear a heavy itchy wool jumper.

our oil ran out the other day and i kept warm by draping the cat across my shoulders and drinking hot whiskey.
that's probably not a long-term solution, but it was certainly amusing while it lasted.

are your windows huge? high ceilings? brrrr.
Get heavy lined curtains, bargain basement Clerys/arnotts.tkmaxx, lots of heat escapes out through glass.

Irish housing is basically shoddy with little or no insulation. Flamin' breezy blocks can fck off. It's a conspiracy between contractors and the esb/gas showers I'm sure!ninjaaaa

We got an oil-filled electric radiator for a real cold room once and it worked well.

With storage heaters there's usually an "input" and an "output" knob - the input controls the current going into the heater and how hot it gets at, the output controls the flow of air past the heater and therefore the transfer of heat from the heater to the air. Turn up the input to max, turn the output down to minimum when you're not there and when you're going to bed and then back up again when you're in the room. Takes a while to get it right, but we lived in a place with just storage heaters for a while and it was fine once we got the hang of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back