thumped.com site subscriptions (1 Viewer)

pete said:
hmm how do they work again?
you step over the local bully bowzies lyin on the foothpath wait in line for 30 mins in a smelly post office, (ah dem days is well gone for me )and hey presto .

They're just like cheques except only cashable in a post office. You could equally get people to pay you in Stamps or IRC (International Reply Coupons)

enchance said:
They're just like cheques except only cashable in a post office. You could equally get people to pay you in Stamps or IRC (International Reply Coupons)
or you could acccept butter vouchers i know a shop that givs ya fags for them

enchance said:
jaysus, butter vouchers! We used to rob them off my granny. Are they still in existence?
probably not its a long time since i was on the scratcher in fact i was entitled to beef in a tin anyone remember tha ,a healthy bit a grub for the under classes

Admin said:
I spoke to 2 people what work in banks who both scared me off the idea... or maybe i just took them up all wrong.
you'd have difficulty working out who paid what - cause their name may not appear on your statement

you can't lodge to an AIB account via a BOI unless you have a pre-printed lodgment slip [i.e one from the lodgment book/back of cheque book] and vice versa
you can lodge to an AIB via an AIB by filling out a slip but "they" may not necessarily key the donor's name as a narrative

best is postal orders/bank drafts/cheques via the post
at least you'll know who paid what

highnigh said:
probably not its a long time since i was on the scratcher in fact i was entitled to beef in a tin anyone remember tha ,a healthy bit a grub for the under classes
ahahahaaaaaaa

jesus you're as old as me

nlgbbbblth said:
you'd have difficulty working out who paid what - cause their name may not appear on your statement

you can't lodge to an AIB account via a BOI unless you have a pre-printed lodgment slip [i.e one from the lodgment book/back of cheque book] and vice versa
you can lodge to an AIB via an AIB by filling out a slip but "they" may not necessarily key the donor's name as a narrative

best is postal orders/bank drafts/cheques via the post
at least you'll know who paid what
How much does it cost to get a po box these days?

TESTAROSSA said:
pete if anyone wnated your home address they could just ask for it on stormfromt

haha pssyyyyche

andrew
unfortunately that's probably true

yea, what's the low down on IRC or International Money order? I want to put an old fashioned "shop" on the mound site. Nobody will probably use it but I want to at least have the details right.

Anthony said:
yea, what's the low down on IRC or International Money order? I want to put an old fashioned "shop" on the mound site. Nobody will probably use it but I want to at least have the details right.
well I know that Bank Drafts can be lodged to your bank account
don't worry about "clearance" times as they are already paid for in advance by the person buying them and cannot bounce
i.e you would be safe posting goods as soon as you get one

I know UK Postal orders can also be lodged to bank account

International Money Orders are basically the same as Bank Drafts

nlgbbbblth said:
well I know that Bank Drafts can be lodged to your bank account
don't worry about "clearance" times as they are already paid for in advance by the person buying them and cannot bounce
i.e you would be safe posting goods as soon as you get one

I know UK Postal orders can also be lodged to bank account

International Money Orders are basically the same as Bank Drafts
ha

deadly

anyone what wants to subscribe via the miracle of bank drafts send me an auld PM.

Can you edit the first post on this thread to let the rest of us know what the current situation is? I'll be fucked if I can make sense of what's going on after 7 pages of suggestions.

Okay, I didn't even try, but still..

THRILLHO said:
Can you edit the first post on this thread to let the rest of us know what the current situation is? I'll be fucked if I can make sense of what's going on after 7 pages of suggestions.

quiet you

this is no place for sensible suggestions.

THRILLHO said:

!bing
What do I have to do?
At the moment there are two payment options, both of which require a credit card. I'm working on alternative arrangements and will update this info when it's done.

2Checkout.com
This one has to be processed manually to activate the message board extras (probably when i get home in the evening). But it's handy for me because they pay by cheque. This is the same company that processes payments for Document.

Paypal
http://thumped.com/bbs/subscriptions.php

This one's integrated with the board & should automatically apply the changes within a few minutes, but it's actually impossible to withdraw the money to an Irish bank account at the moment....

don't know if this is covered but like Thrillho, i'm a lazy good-for-nothing

what will this subscription thing start and all us cheap skates be exorciased form the Thumped?

Will it be just the messagehboard or will it be the whole website that will the asubscription fee cover?

Also i will not sign up. This is due to the fact that i hardly visit thumped so it just wouldn't be worth my while signing up.

i'm sure your all heart broken at that news

but i do undrstand your viuw[point from the 1 st page Pete and i do understand where your coming from, running a popular website is very expensive so yeah you are right to do it

IFF said:
don't know if this is covered but like Thrillho, i'm a lazy good-for-nothing

what will this subscription thing start and all us cheap skates be exorciased form the Thumped?
It's already going on & a fair view people have signed up - they're the one's with blue names. There's no plan to boot out the cheapskates though.

Will it be just the messagehboard or will it be the whole website that will the asubscription fee cover?
It's for everything - when the final version of vBulletin is released i'm going to set about integrating it with the whole site... so logging in here will log you in to the whole site. Lousy explanation. It'll make more sense when I do it.

Also i will not sign up. This is due to the fact that i hardly visit thumped so it just wouldn't be worth my while signing up.

i'm sure your all heart broken at that news
BANNED!

ha

Actually if people don't want to or can't sign up, but still want to do something, then there's always them google ads to click on and ebay ads to register with..... just sayin.

but i do undrstand your viuw[point from the 1 st page Pete and i do understand where your coming from, running a popular website is very expensive so yeah you are right to do it
it's true, it's true.

adimage.php

good to see my threatening banner ad having such an impact

ermmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back