Music Minds, Liffey Street, Dublin 1 (1 Viewer)

guitarfix is the place I believe, yer man's famous for his moodiness. Manys a thread has been started about him on the boards instruments board, he even has multiple accounts on there trying to defend himself. Never dealt with him myself though..

that him above guitar place ownstairs, only accessible by buzzing in and climbing stairs?
if so, that was yer man what ran Instrumental on The quays a few years ago. bit of a git but knows his shit

bit of a git but knows his shit..well saidI dealt with this lad.Kev his name is I think.He has Sex Pistols tattoos.I asked him had he heard of me.He said no.But I did'nt believe him.I bought a set of used Grovers from him.It was a good deal but wholly unnesecary as it was'nt the tuners causing my problems I eventually worked out.But by this time it was too late and I'd already changed them.None of this was his fault.But as I was driving away I noticed one of the machine heads was borked.So I went back to the shop,at great risk of having my collar felt I might add due to the unconventional way I drove back.Again,this was'nt his fault.But as I was only nipping in,I thought I'd park on the double yellow outside and just get him to come down the stairs and rectify my problem.It was a Saturday afternoon and I was wary of being clamped.Long story short..I rang the buzzer,he refused to come down as he was "with a customer"....Likely story I thought..I was only in there 2mins before and there was no customers.So I thought fuck it..I'll chance it.He was with a customer alright.The dope.

bit of a git but knows his shit.. well said. I dealt with this lad. Kev his name is I think. He has Sex Pistols tattoos. I asked him had he heard of me. He said no. But I did'nt believe him. I bought a set of used Grovers from him. It was a good deal but wholly unnesecary as it was'nt the tuners causing my problems I eventually worked out. But by this time it was too late and I'd already changed them. None of this was his fault. But as I was driving away I noticed one of the machine heads was borked. So I went back to the shop, at great risk of having my collar felt I might add due to the unconventional way I drove back. Again, this was'nt his fault. But as I was only nipping in, I thought I'd park on the double yellow outside and just get him to come down the stairs and rectify my problem. It was a Saturday afternoon and I was wary of being clamped. Long story short.. I rang the buzzer, he refused to come down as he was "with a customer".... Likely story I thought.. I was only in there 2mins before and there was no customers. So I thought fuck it.. I'll chance it. He was with a customer alright. The dope.

aah. Sorry. Claustrophobia.

Fucking Thumped Mobile arsed up my parsing and what not.Gah!

bit of a git but knows his shit..well saidI dealt with this lad.Kev his name is I think.He has Sex Pistols tattoos.I asked him had he heard of me.He said no.But I did'nt believe him.I bought a set of used Grovers from him.It was a good deal but wholly unnesecary as it was'nt the tuners causing my problems I eventually worked out.But by this time it was too late and I'd already changed them.None of this was his fault.But as I was driving away I noticed one of the machine heads was borked.So I went back to the shop,at great risk of having my collar felt I might add due to the unconventional way I drove back.Again,this was'nt his fault.But as I was only nipping in,I thought I'd park on the double yellow outside and just get him to come down the stairs and rectify my problem.It was a Saturday afternoon and I was wary of being clamped.Long story short..I rang the buzzer,he refused to come down as he was "with a customer"....Likely story I thought..I was only in there 2mins before and there was no customers.So I thought fuck it..I'll chance it.He was with a customer alright.The dope.

alo donegans is the place to get music gear in portarlington IIRC!

Nice one Johnny...O sage of the midlands!I was wondering from where strings could be had in this wonderful town.

Its hardly a punt..the furthest shop in town from me is 500metres!

I went into Music Minds, didn't have a bad experience, just your usual Chinese or Korean crap guitars... an Epiphone would be a high end item in that place. They also ask ridiculous "paddy will pay anything" prices. Your man does use the high pressure sales technique.

With regards to Guitar Fix, there's nothing I could say about that con artist that hasn't already been repeated all over Dublin, stay away.

Eoin, at some Neck Guitars, is best buddies with the Guitar Fix lad, Kevin. Eoin seems to have at least some scruples but I would fact check everything he says bit of a spoofer but at least not a rude shite.

Goodwins, is just okay. The lads are nice but the stock isn't the greatest, however they do stock new Electro-Harmonix pedals (made in NYC) the prices they asked for them last year were okay, recently though I noticed the asking prices have gone up.

X-Music, was some poor fools attempt to bring "big box" style guitar stores to Ireland (like Guitar Center in the U.S.) At first they had loads of stock, at many different price points, but now the walls are half bare.

Jimi Music, has a lot of vintage stuff and you can get a deal if towards the end of the month if 'ol Jimi is short on rent. Stay away from his amp and guitar repair service, nearly as bad as Guitar fix.

All in all buying gear in Ireland is a miserable fucking experience and I would suggest buying online.

If you're looking for amp repair, Podge from Ham Sandwich knows the name of a good repair man, can't remember his name though.

Derrick Nelson if you're looking for guitar repair, the man is an artist and is legendary, feckin' last of the V8s that lad.

10/10 . Most actually informative post I've read around here

Jimi Music, has a lot of vintage stuff and you can get a deal if towards the end of the month if 'ol Jimi is short on rent. Stay away from his amp and guitar repair service, nearly as bad as Guitar fix.

I've had guitars and amps repaired in there and found the work to be top notch and the prices to be right. You had a bad experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back