Music Minds, Liffey Street, Dublin 1 (1 Viewer)

iGav

Hi Guys,

This is a review of a fairly new store in Dublin, as named in the title.

I've bought some things there, including a guitar, so I feel I'm ok to comment about this place, and about a few times that I went there. I want people to read this before they go ahead and spend their hard earned cash just anywhere. I feel it's my duty to speak on this.

I had bought a €300 guitar there and went back in to browse. The owner (bald man) was having none of my being there. I found he was very short with me, like he seemed a bit sketchy about me being back in his shop after buying something. The guitar I got there was/still is fine, so no complaints. He seemed defensive like he was prepared to bark back at me if I complained. Unusual.

I went browsing with a friend, this time just saying hello and not trying to chat. My friend and I were talking quietly, only to find a staff member standing behind us, answering comments between my friend and I.
WTF??
We moved along, I said "Nice Yamaha" quietly to my friend, only again to hear this staff member say "Yeah, that's the"
He followed us around less than a metre behind us until we got annoyed and left. Don't follow customers, leave us alone, if I want you I'll ask. Eavesdropping and following is so bad.

I was in next time, I saw an American guy with a large backpack came in, and said he wanted a guitar. The owner was very loud and pushy, tried to sell him one of those tiny weird shaped travel guitars that nobody really wants to buy. The American kept saying no, he was here for 6 months and just wanted a full size. The owner KEPT interrupting him and saying "Yeah, Yeah, Cool Man, Yeah, I know man, this is it, Yeah man, cool"
Eventually said American sighed, said he'd come back and left. He was so in the guy's face that he just left. Just awful.

I went there last week for strings, he asked what guitar I had. I have a very nice 1976 Yamaha. He went, "oooh, if you had this one maybe, but that's not worth anything" .... That's Bull... I didn't ask, he just said that for no reason. I didn't even offer to sell it. I just paid, then looked at an acoustic and strummed. He then yelled that I was wrecking his head, and that he hates people playing guitar in his shop. I left.

This guy, the bald owner is a total wanker. He buys stuff for cash, so tells everyone that their stuff is worthless, like my Yamaha, and gives some people who are stuff crap money. He's rude and in-your-face to people who come in. He tries to push people to buy stuff that he's got. He made glaring sexual comments to me about my co-worker with people there to hear. He was rude to me after me buying a guitar and strings there. He told me I was annoying him by strumming a guitar in his guitar shop after spending money there. I won't give him a cent more for anything.

Avoid this guy. He's an asshole. !bog

I wonder if its the same bald guy who works in that music store on Exchequer street (across from Fallon&Byrne), heard rough stories about him too

I wonder if its the same bald guy who works in that music store on Exchequer street (across from Fallon&Byrne), heard rough stories about him too

the guitar center? they all seem fairly nice in there. nice selection of stuff as well.

nicest staff in a guitar shop in dublin IMHO is godwins on capel st. true gents the lot of them!

Yeah, guitar centre dudes are sound. I'm in the market for a lap steel at the minute and they were really helpful when I went in asking about one even though they hadn't any in stock at the time, in fact I've been holding off on buying one until they get them in.

Yeah, guitar centre dudes are sound. I'm in the market for a lap steel at the minute and they were really helpful when I went in asking about one even though they hadn't any in stock at the time, in fact I've been holding off on buying one until they get them in.

they are good lads in there alright.
Some Neck Guitars on 74 Aungier street is great for old vintage gear if no one knows about it yet.
nice guy called Eoin runs it

Hi Guys,
a few times that I went there.
I see a problem straight away here

I want people to read this before they go ahead and spend their hard earned cash just anywhere.

this is noble but I feel it my duty to point out that nobody on thumped works hard

The owner (bald man) was having none of my being there. I found he was very short with me

not just bald, but short too

I was in next time

again, I see a problem here

I went there last week for strings

and here

He made glaring sexual comments to me about my co-worker with people there to hear.

If I thought he'd make such comments about me I think I'd go there all the time

Avoid this guy. He's an asshole. !bog

cheers for the warning dude. Good that you took 3 bullets for the good folk of thumped. Most would have learned after the first time but it was good to go back and make sure. I'll be buying my strings elsewhere. Take that baldly.

Apparently the prices aren't set in stone and he's very open to trade ins but I agree, some sort of guide price would be nice.

the guitar center? they all seem fairly nice in there. nice selection of stuff as well.

nicest staff in a guitar shop in dublin IMHO is godwins on capel st. true gents the lot of them!

Nope not that one, i've been in there to get strings and have me guitar set up too. Very nice guys.

The one i'm talking about is a few doors down, you have to go upstairs to get into and there's just one bald fella working there

Nope not that one, i've been in there to get strings and have me guitar set up too. Very nice guys.

The one i'm talking about is a few doors down, you have to go upstairs to get into and there's just one bald fella working there

guitarfix is the place I believe, yer man's famous for his moodiness. Manys a thread has been started about him on the boards instruments board, he even has multiple accounts on there trying to defend himself. Never dealt with him myself though..

I heard the guy in that Liffey Street place is a prick as well, couple of friends went in there and had a similar experience.
I'll have to go in someday and pretend to browse, then tell him to fuck off and walk out when he starts getting pushy, hahaha!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

guitarfix is the place I believe, yer man's famous for his moodiness. Manys a thread has been started about him on the boards instruments board, he even has multiple accounts on there trying to defend himself. Never dealt with him myself though..

yeah thats it, i seen that thread too, i think someone on thumped linked me to it

No, it's the guy on Liffey St. Big burly bald dude. Across from the Coffee Society there?

Those guys on Exchequer st are ok, maybe a little dry and not overly friendly, but not dicks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back