Music Maker (1 Viewer)

computer-man-angry.jpg

To qualify my statement,

I bought my first bass in Music Maker years ago. I had to wait 15 minutes at the till for the bass to be brought down to me as the sales rep who went in to get it got "ambushed" by other staff and was covered in pallet wrap. Came down with the bass in a fit of giggles without even the hint of an aknowledgment for taking up my time. Arrogant sack.

A couple of years later I got a job with an audio supplier and had a few dealings with the lads on a professional basis. Didn't change my collective first impressions of certain floor staff. Most i dealt with gave off the impression that they were bodacious surfer dude's with the COOLEST job known to man and every chick loved them for their amazing knowledge of POWER CHORDS!!, how to calmly plug a lead from a guitar to an amp!!! and shiny effects pedals!!!

I'd often get a stupid nonsense calls along the lines of, "Hey dude, how's it chilling/hanging, need to check if "X" is in stock." Me "It's in your weekly order as usual" Staff "Oh right, radical, peace out brother"

Fuck off wasting my time.

The main man and lady are sound and the big guy, Dave I think? who works upstairs in the tech room is dead on. Fixed said bass for me the day of a gig without me even having to name drop who I worked for. Sound.

To qualify my statement,

I bought my first bass in Music Maker years ago. I had to wait 15 minutes at the till for the bass to be brought down to me as the sales rep who went in to get it got "ambushed" by other staff and was covered in pallet wrap. Came down with the bass in a fit of giggles without even the hint of an aknowledgment for taking up my time. Arrogant sack.

A couple of years later I got a job with an audio supplier and had a few dealings with the lads on a professional basis. Didn't change my collective first impressions of certain floor staff. Most i dealt with gave off the impression that they were bodacious surfer dude's with the COOLEST job known to man and every chick loved them for their amazing knowledge of POWER CHORDS!!, how to calmly plug a lead from a guitar to an amp!!! and shiny effects pedals!!!

I'd often get a stupid nonsense calls along the lines of, "Hey dude, how's it chilling/hanging, need to check if "X" is in stock." Me "It's in your weekly order as usual" Staff "Oh right, radical, peace out brother"

Fuck off wasting my time.

The main man and lady are sound and the big guy, Dave I think? who works upstairs in the tech room is dead on. Fixed said bass for me the day of a gig without me even having to name drop who I worked for. Sound.

You had to wait a whole 15 mintues for your bass? Holy shit dude, someone call the Ombudsman this shit can't stand!! Imagine, the fucking cheek of these guys to be actually trying to be some bit sound while talking to ya.

i have always found the lads in Music Maker to be very helpful and informative. if they don't have anything in stock they can point you to somewhere else that has it.

Same here, but I've heard that other people didn't have the same pleasant experience.

when were they sound? no one was talking to me. I was waiting there like a pleb for ages while they were busy rolling around tiggling each other in the stock room like kids. A simple aknowledgment of the unnecessary wait would have sufficed, but no, I had to wait further while he explained what happened to another guy on the sales floor with me still standing there waiting patiently. Call the Ombusdman indeed!

Ah man, get over it. Even if they were dossing around for a while, it was yeaaaars ago by your own admission. I'd understand if you had problems with any after sale service or prices etc but hating a shop because you had to wait around a while is just petty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back