mothers.just how bad is it. (2 Viewers)

Pete, why did you not give me moderator powers? I'd have Jane banned by now.

Jane, if it ever happens to you you'll re-read everything you've said and wonder what the hell you were thinking.

Pete, why did you not give me moderator powers? I'd have Jane banned by now.

Jane, if it ever happens to you you'll re-read everything you've said and wonder what the hell you were thinking.

You don't beat around the bush do you? I suppose parents get used to plain speaking.

Oh sorry Jane, it's just that there's absolutely no way you can predict how you're going to feel about being pregnant. It could very easily happen that you don't give a flying fuck about the way you look, and will care more about the smell off the sofa. The HORMONES!!!

Ah I kinda wish this was real life and not the internet, I don't mind talking about myself but I'm a little cagey about posting too many details about Mrs. egg_. Suffice to say that the phrase "who are you and what have you done with my wife?" passed through my head more than once

Oh sorry Jane, it's just that there's absolutely no way you can predict how you're going to feel about being pregnant. It could very easily happen that you don't give a flying fuck about the way you look, and will care more about the smell off the sofa. The HORMONES!!!

Ah I kinda wish this was real life and not the internet, I don't mind talking about myself but I'm a little cagey about posting too many details about Mrs. egg_. Suffice to say that the phrase "who are you and what have you done with my wife?" passed through my head more than once

Ah, no, I know, like. That's the thing. I have no idea how I will feel about being preggers or being a ma, but seeing as I'm totally neurotic, I assume the absolute worst: that I will be a nightmare of a pregnant woman and an unfit ma who may or may not die of thrombosis in labour. My acupuncturist actually told me that my nutso PMT will probably sort itself out once I've had a kid, so it's probably not all bad news. But from what I know from people who've had kids, no matter what you plan or expect, you can't know what to expect.

I can't imagine what it's like, so I have all kinds of nightmare scenarios in my head, where I'm rent completely in twain, permanently obese, miserable and hairy and a terrible and unfit mother. It will probably be much less nightmarish than that, like. And if someone knows and loves me enough to have a nipper with me, he'll already be more than painfully aware that I'm sometimes inconsolably neurotic. But that I'm also painfully in love with little humans, so it should really be okay.

A bit of advice that Jo got was that pregnancy is really not what you expect. So far, it seems to be the case.
The first three months/16 weeks were tough for her.

Frankly, I think pregnancy is very sexy.

Jane, you'll probably find that having a baby chills you out if anything. Without sounding like a total twat I always felt something was missing and when I had the young one things fell into place emotionally for me. My career, finances etc are a mess but I don't give a hoot anymore.

Frankly, I think pregnancy is very sexy.

Really?! Wow. I think I terrified my fella when I was hugely pregnant. My hulking mass would try to pin him down and he'd just make excuses and leave - the prick. Not fair cos one feels desperately horny when preggers.

i think pregnant women are amazing. if i see one on the street i feel a little pang and i think "aw look at you; you're lovely and pregnant"

i think the whole pregnancy thing is deadly and i think the women look fantastic even if that's the last thing they feel like.

Really?! Wow. I think I terrified my fella when I was hugely pregnant. My hulking mass would try to pin him down and he'd just make excuses and leave - the prick. Not fair cos one feels desperately horny when preggers.

I'm not alone either. Loads of blokes do. Real blokes.

Jane, you'll probably find that having a baby chills you out if anything. Without sounding like a total twat I always felt something was missing and when I had the young one things fell into place emotionally for me. My career, finances etc are a mess but I don't give a hoot anymore.

No, I can totally understand that. When I started to think about my career and my finances and all of that stuff, I started to realise that what's really important to me is getting my life into a state where I'm not only happy with it, but where it's safe and comfortable for a child. The mere thought of it has chilled me out somewhat already, although it coudl have something to do with hitting my thirties, too.

I mean, I'm more concerned about things in my life being good for me and healthy, than being 'the best' or the 'biggest', or even with everything being perfectly right. I think I used to be more focused on being 'the best' at something, when actually, my number one priority is to be fulfilled enough personally so that I can provide for the rest of the people in my little world. And that I don't give a toss about being 'the best', just about being able to have enough money and time to enjoy being a momma and a partner because seriously, I can't imagine that on my deathbed, I'll be thinking, "Damn, I wish I'd gone to more meetings."

I'm still neurotic, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back