mothers.just how bad is it. (1 Viewer)

This is a deadly thread. The new board is deadly.

As a man, I'm obviously spared the pain of childbirth, but i would be terrified that anything would happen my wife or the baby during the birth. Did any of you dads here have that type of fear to excess?

Sorry Billy, I probably sounded like a real knowitall there but every woman's experience is completely different and I really hope your girlfriend/wife has a positive experience and that hypnobirthing / acupuncture works for her. I had flashbacks of the birth afterwards and it caused a bit of bother for me to bond with my baby and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

If I ever "go agin" I will try anything to have a better, more positive experience than first time round!

I'm totally out of my depth with this one, to be honest. Frankly I'm just relieved I'm a man and don't have to go through with it. My girlfriend's mate has had three kids and two of the births were pretty traumatic, by all accounts.
But from what we've heard off family and friends, petidin is meant to be a pretty mental drug and my girlfriend is keen to avoid it at all costs. And the epidural sounds a bit mental too. And she's not too keen on hospitals (having not been in one for about thirty years). It'll be a summer birth too, so hopefully have the windows open and all that. Make it nice!

We'll be getting the gas and air and all that stuff in to the house at the time of the birth (as far as I know!).

The hypnobirthing person we're going to go see is also a midwife and doula and looks top notch. Anyway, it better work - it's not cheap!

Actually... I need advice, from women, from mothers, about what I'm supposed to do on the big day. I want all the advice I can get.

And... never ask your mother about what it's like. They don't remember.

personally, gas and air did nothing for me except make my mouth go numb.
contractions are bad but not as bad as they could be if you let them-
I didn't have hypnotherapy and I got through a lot of those badass motherfuckers just by breathing in threes (phhh-phhh-phhhhhh) and somehow, the image of a ship on a really dark sea just stayed in my head for the whole thing. with each breath, i managed to push the ship further away in three breaths... then when the contraction would come back, the ship would be back where it started again... it was actually nice to have that in my head- and i didn't plan to, i just happened...

maybe it was the sea shanties.

This is a deadly thread. The new board is deadly.

As a man, I'm obviously spared the pain of childbirth, but i would be terrified that anything would happen my wife or the baby during the birth. Did any of you dads here have that type of fear to excess?

For this, I opted for the Guinness remedy and I found it to be most effective. It really is a case of finding your own emotional space, and getting the barman's attention.

Actually... I need advice, from women, from mothers, about what I'm supposed to do on the big day. I want all the advice I can get.

Do whatever your girlfriend wants you to do. Literally sit there and say nothing until you are instructed otherwise. If you hover around her, make a fuss or talk about anything be prepared to die.

personally, gas and air did nothing for me except make my mouth go numb.
contractions are bad but not as bad as they could be if you let them-
I didn't have hypnotherapy and I got through a lot of those badass motherfuckers just by breathing in threes (phhh-phhh-phhhhhh) and somehow, the image of a ship on a really dark sea just stayed in my head for the whole thing. with each breath, i managed to push the ship further away in three breaths... then when the contraction would come back, the ship would be back where it started again... it was actually nice to have that in my head- and i didn't plan to, i just happened...

Amazing!!

Hmmmm.... you're on to something with this. Maybe I'll buy this album for the big day:

B00000IN3G.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

We had a one game of hangman. I got it in two guesses.
I actually have lovely memories of the whole thing. The pair of us were pissing ourselves laughing for the beginning part of the day...until it got kind of serious.

But yes, when that happens, whatever you do- DO NOT ask her any questions.

For this, I opted for the Guinness remedy and I found it to be most effective. It really is a case of finding your own emotional space, and getting the barman's attention.

I'm joking of course. In my experience, any anxiety one might feel is dwarfed by an accompanying sense of responsibility and anticipation.

And... never ask your mother about what it's like. They don't remember.

DONT do a la la's dad and yell for the nurse "quick! come here! please!"

nurse comes in, mum's panting away wiht the contractions.

"what's wrong, do you need pain relief?" she says to mum.

dad chimes in

"nah, it's not for her, it;s for me. i've got a facking toothache"

fucking aussies.:rolleyes:

Good question. I don't think I've ever been rated, though you never know. I do know a guy who was, well, not really underrated by girls, but they did laugh about his, shall we say, "club-like" endowment. To me. So I felt it my duty to relay this information to him.

As in like a 'club' foot?

As in like a 'club' foot?

my youngest brother, jeremy, was born with club feet. we dont really like the term - talipes is what its also known as. the doctors were amazing - he was really lucky to get treated here for it. you know what? his feet may have been deformed but there was something very cute about him with them like that. i wrote a lengthy project about it later when i wa sin school - all his ex rays and pics of him and everything.

the major downside was my mother having to go through the distress of seeing him at a few days old being put into casts and then at a few weeks - wheeled into surgery.

there can be a long period of nothing much happening, or doctors talking about stuff, this can happen in at some time in the middle of the night and be a bit boring, so be prepared... I took a nap and then even read the free Indo in the hosptial coffe shop... this was pretty rough, but I just stayed focused and got through it

Plus, if you do have a section, they really mind the baby until you're able to do stuff like that

In theory! My missus had hers in the Coombe and there was some complete wagon on duty the night after the birth who did nothing to help her. Nothing.

Actually, it's not babies that scare me, it's the fact that they're only babies for a short time, and before you know it, they're teenagers and they're all grown up, and all parents fuck up their kids.
quote]

Nah that's not true. You shouldn't doubt yourself that much. You'd be amazed what having a kid will do for your neurosis..you're too fuckin busy to be thinking about existential bullshit cos you've a billion other things to think about!

My labour was mild compared to most. But if i found it hard to get my head around trying to stay in control of the situation when really you have absolutely no control over what's about to happen. So yeah physically it's very tough but i think mentally and emotionally it's even tougher. I was pretty calm until they handed me my son and then went into shock - laughing and crying hystrically at the same time. It's totally surreal cos you've been talking to and aware of this little soul growing inside you for nine months and finally you're face to face looking at each other and it's pretty overwhelming.

In theory! My missus had hers in the Coombe and there was some complete wagon on duty the night after the birth who did nothing to help her. Nothing.

that's shit. You're emotional and vunerable enough as it is without wagons around you. I had one who I called over to help me out of the bed because I really REALLY needed to go to the toilet and could she put the silver lads that stop you from falling out of the bed down(because I couldn't work them)... she told me "yes alright i'll be back in a minute "and didn't come back for a very long time.
So I cried because I couldn't move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back