mothers.just how bad is it. (1 Viewer)

Yeah apparently the placenta or "this fucking massive long yoke" was the worst part.

Oh and how dilated the vagina was I didnt believe them when they said how big it was.

Oh and a lot of them are not having sex anymore either in pure fear of having to give birth.

That's the best safe sex campaign they could come up with, showing the realities of birth to students. Scare the life outta them ;)

Chris Morris wrote a piece years ago that was meant to be a brochure for a trendy bar, it said that in one room it showed footage of a mother giving birth and then reversed the footage and then showed it forwrds again, in a loop, as Morris said

"Is it the miracle of life or a fat women masterbating with a baby"

such a bad man :)

La La after your post I decided to search Crowing and Placenta.

Now I know what all the hype in school was over. Oh dear god... What if something was to rip...

The crowning was the worst. My Ma had us with no drugs in her, how'd anyone do that.

latecomer to the thread (wow! there's a parenting board!) but here's my birth story if anyone can be bothered with the big read

if you can't, i'll just tell you that my nipper came out with his legs crossed - lotus position like. i thought he might have been the next buddha or something - but at 2 i'm thinking probably definately no... no he's not.

yay! parenting board!

La La after your post I decided to search Crowing and Placenta.

Now I know what all the hype in school was over. Oh dear god... What if something was to rip...

The crowning was the worst. My Ma had us with no drugs in her, how'd anyone do that.
my sister had her boy without drugs as well, as her labour started very quickly and there was apparently no time to administer.

ahhh, how i laughed.

latecomer to the thread (wow! there's a parenting board!) but here's my birth story if anyone can be bothered with the big read

if you can't, i'll just tell you that my nipper came out with his legs crossed - lotus position like. i thought he might have been the next buddha or something - but at 2 i'm thinking probably definately no... no he's not.

yay! parenting board!

That's a really fantastic article, Shine. Some really excellent points, and it sounds like the hospital birth can be pretty traumatic. I'm sure that, yes, many women are totally fine with it, but not everyone is the same, and I'd never heard of so many emergency c-sections until I came to Ireland.

A friend of mine used a community midwives scheme when her daughter was born in Holles St, and she said that while it wasn't as relaxing as a home birth, it made the whole process of care surrounding the birth seem more practical and less medical, plus the midwife had more time and energy for them than a doctor would.

This is why we're going with hypnobirth. When you think about it, and read something like that, it actually makes a lot of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back