Mixtape Mafia (1 Viewer)

needtokill

Website
www.thumped.com
Right,so for once in my life I've had an idea I think some of you might like.
I know this has been attempted before with varying levels of success but fuck it.Let's face it:Mixtapes are deadly.Everyone likes them.They're a deadly way of hearing stuff you might not otherwise have heard,they're fun,making them is a deadly way of killing time,and they're just fucki' deadly in general.So,If anyone's up for it, I want to try and organise a Mixtape/Cdr swap for anyone that's into it in the dublin area.
Here's the deal:

If anyone wants to participate,firstly you have one week to make up your mixtape/cdr crammed full of deadly tunes.As soon as you have it done, there will be a box behind the counter in Red Ink/Murder city for you to leave them in from this Saturday 2nd December.All tapes/cdrs must be left in there NO LATER than SATURDAY 9th DECEMBER.At this point, I'll be in to collect them that evening,will bring them home,wrap 'em all up in fancy Xmas paper and distribute them back to everyone who's participated.Sound good?

Few basic rules just to stop this being total shit.
1)Please, no more than ONE SONG PER BAND on each tape.There's nothing worse than making a deadly mix of tunes and then getting a tape in return that's a Leatherface album cos somebody was too fucking lazy to make an effort.Ask Natalia.
2)this is very, very important:please make sure you include your name and Email address (or postal address if you like) with your tape.If you don't, it's gonna make things real difficult.
3)Make a cover.Again, just writing down a tracklist is kinda lazy.
4)if it's a tape,use a 90 minute one.

right that's about it.if you're up for it, leave a note here or mail [email protected]
so I can make sure everyone who wants to be included gets included

Folks outside Dublin, don't feel left out - if this works I plan on organising it semi reguarly and will be doing trades throught the post.

J

PS: can someone make this a "Sticky" for the next week or so to make sure noone misses it?

needtokill said:
Right,so for once in my life I've had an idea I think some of you might like.
I know this has been attempted before with varying levels of success but fuck it.Let's face it:Mixtapes are deadly.Everyone likes them.They're a deadly way of hearing stuff you might not otherwise have heard,they're fun,making them is a deadly way of killing time,and they're just fucki' deadly in general.So,If anyone's up for it, I want to try and organise a Mixtape/Cdr swap for anyone that's into it in the dublin area.
Here's the deal:

If anyone wants to participate,firstly you have one week to make up your mixtape/cdr crammed full of deadly tunes.As soon as you have it done, there will be a box behind the counter in Red Ink/Murder city for you to leave them in from this Saturday 2nd December.All tapes/cdrs must be left in there NO LATER than SATURDAY 9th DECEMBER.At this point, I'll be in to collect them that evening,will bring them home,wrap 'em all up in fancy Xmas paper and distribute them back to everyone who's participated.Sound good?

Few basic rules just to stop this being total shit.
1)Please, no more than ONE SONG PER BAND on each tape.There's nothing worse than making a deadly mix of tunes and then getting a tape in return that's a Leatherface album cos somebody was too fucking lazy to make an effort.Ask Natalia.
2)this is very, very important:please make sure you include your name and Email address (or postal address if you like) with your tape.If you don't, it's gonna make things real difficult.
3)Make a cover.Again, just writing down a tracklist is kinda lazy.
4)if it's a tape,use a 90 minute one.

right that's about it.if you're up for it, leave a note here or mail [email protected]
so I can make sure everyone who wants to be included gets included

Folks outside Dublin, don't feel left out - if this works I plan on organising it semi reguarly and will be doing trades throught the post.

J

PS: can someone make this a "Sticky" for the next week or so to make sure noone misses it?

sounds deadly jamie
I tried this here before, stole the idea meself from the main forum spent a night doing a tape and even did up a cover on photoshop, then I was too fuckin lazy to post it to anyone who asked for it, ooowwwww well Ill try post it this time

deadly idea, I'd be well up for this but not in Dublin all that often these days, postal version gets my vote

jillface said:
sounnnnnnd.
im game.
posicore jamie. who'da thunkit?:rolleyes:

fuck off you emo wanker

Okay,a few things things -
first,the email address above is wrong, it's actually [email protected] and NOT .com
cheers for the response, keep it coming! I'm extending the date until the following week, Saturday 16th..tapes can be left in from today.People outside Dublin who want to trade drop me an email or pm and I'll get that sorted too.Also if you don't have a tape player (shame on you!) or cd player, please let me know so i can sort out whatever format you need in return.
Cool?Cool.

can I send up a tape with songs from late 80's early 90's death grind and doom demos and lps to ruin someones trade experience !ninjaaaa

error type 12 said:
can I send up a tape with songs from late 80's early 90's death grind and doom demos and lps to ruin someones trade experience !ninjaaaa

Read the rules fuck sake.

needtokill said:
No tapes with songs from late 80's early 90's death grind and doom demos and lps. This will ruin someones trade experience.

This is a great idea,I probably should do a tape for it,but I know I won't get round to it. Who knows,I really should put the irish comp together.

Brilliant idea Jamie. I'm in..|..|

I haven't been here in a few days but by sheer fucking coincidence I was going to do an article for my new zine on mix tapes (the death of the mix tape, how cool they were/are etc.) and I was going to ask people to write a little something for it. I know that old Thurston Moore has a book called Mix Tape with similar shit but I only found this out while "researching" for my zine.

Anyhoo, I don't want to hijack this thread so e-mail me @ [email protected] or pm me.

Vive le noise!.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back