Mixtape Mafia (2 Viewers)

ah kollin that article whould've fitted perfectly into my new zine, maybe i'lk thief it, anyway yes i shall be making a mix tape too and ya can bet it'll be fuckin deadly!

booh to cdr comps though :mad:

Count me in,I was just askin' trousers to do me one too.I'll give him a shout and get him involved .Ps I dont want HMDS tape if its got the bloodhound gang on it.

eoin said:
Yeah mix-tapes are way better than cds, they're just more personal and analogy than cold-souled cds.

its just that a cdr can be put together in 2 mintues, a mix tape takes at leats the length of time of the tape, i dunno it just seems nicer, maybe its nostalgia but cdrs are treated like muck round these parts

Fair enough, Tapes are better that CDs. But i don't have a tape recorder, should i just not bother because who ever is getting it will be all it's not a tape and it's not as personal and it only took 2 minutes to make and so on and so on?

Fuck it i'm making one anyway, i'm at home sick and i've nothing else to do.

HMD said:
Fair enough, Tapes are better that CDs. But i don't have a tape recorder, should i just not bother because who ever is getting it will be all it's not a tape and it's not as personal and it only took 2 minutes to make and so on and so on?

Fuck it i'm making one anyway, i'm at home sick and i've nothing else to do.

Tapes arent better than cds except for nostalgic reasons.
They wear out and they sound shit after a while.
Sure if it was mix cd you would have to put the same ammount of thought into what bands you were putting on the comp anyway and everyone knows its the thought that counts.Awwww

brianoak said:
Tapes arent better than cds except for nostalgic reasons.
They wear out and they sound shit after a while.
Sure if it was mix cd you would have to put the same ammount of thought into what bands you were putting on the comp anyway and everyone knows its the thought that counts.Awwww

i dunno bout that boss, most people will just drag and drop whatever files they feel like, i dunno it just doesnt reak of the same sitting round on the floor surrounded by records, finding out which song leads best into the next song and so on....i shoudl get my mixtape made now so i wont appear like a total shitehawk:eek:

mazzyianne said:
I've got all the schifosi stuff I think, can make you a tape after exams, aren't you someplace far away?

could you? that'd be so deadly!
(if you wanna throw some other random stuff on there feel free :))

im stuck in hong kong but ill be back on the 23rd til the 5th, thanks so much; ill definitely be calling into seomra spraoi anyway while im over, im dyin to see it!

Problematic said:
deadly idea, I'd be well up for this but not in Dublin all that often these days, postal version gets my vote
hey fucker post it up to me and i'll drop it into red ink, also any chance of making that mix cd of early queers and that type of band, go on i'll love ya forever

right.there's a week left from today,so it's time to stop posting about making the tapes and actually start making them.do it.

folks outside dublin who've said they want to be involved please mail [email protected] so i can start sorting you out.you'll need to post them to me this week.

spuded said:
i dunno bout that boss, most people will just drag and drop whatever files they feel like, i dunno it just doesnt reak of the same sitting round on the floor surrounded by records, finding out which song leads best into the next song and so on....i shoudl get my mixtape made now so i wont appear like a total shitehawk:eek:

For recording vinyl to CD I use a standalone CD burner [which has nothing to do with a PC or dragging and dropping] and it has to be done in real time which takes at least the length of time of the cdr.

The thing I preferred about mixtapes was if you made a mistake or the source record skipped you could just go back and record over it. With cdrs one mistake and the thing is ruined.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back