Minor Pleasures (13 Viewers)

i reread all of iain m banks this year, and now i see elon musk has been describing himself as (i think) 'a future utopianist in the iain banks style'.
i do recall characters from the banks books which remind me a little of musk, to be fair.
Yeah, the lad with the diamond teeth from The Algebraist would fit the picture

today it is much warmer (with no heat on) than it was for the previous 8 days.
a BULLDOZER CD (80's Milan metal. sounds like VENOM but better) is playing on my boombox.
It is slippy outside with ice melting, so I have an excuse not to go walking.
there is lots of football on TV this afternoon.

I got lucky this year and found a few series that I stayed up until 3-4am because I had to read just 1 more chapter.
Any recommendations? I love a series, it's so much easier than finding something new to read 3 times in a row.

(My standards are awful low, too, so there'll be no judgement.)

Any recommendations? I love a series, it's so much easier than finding something new to read 3 times in a row.

(My standards are awful low, too, so there'll be no judgement.)
It’s mainly fantasy and “the butler did it” kinda detective novels. I enjoyed Liane Moriarty’s (she wrote Big Little Lies) novels. If you like her, there’s an Irish one called 56 days that’s interesting. It’s set at the start of covid.

Just got accepted into a swimming class that's a bit difficult to get into
Gonna go from being a kind of okay swimmer to a kind of half decent swimmer!

If I go to the class like - but I will go to the class!

Finished my Goodreads book challenge of 60 books this year. My concentration is fucked, so I’m inordinately pleased with myself.
Also a whole lot of authors used the word “lugubrious”. In making that my word off 2023.
Be my friend on Goodreads. I'm in the thumped group, which was "last active 29 June 2008" so its all go in there.

If we were friends on there and now we're not you must have been annoying and I'm sorry.

My favourite overused word i can't stop noticing is "thrumming" or "thrummed." People need to stop using it.

I have the Covid

Get the rest of the week at home - yay!

Still have to work tho - boo!

if teh Covid can be cured by eating bread and butter and drinking tea, we are gonna find out this week!
Good luck with that.

mm bread and butter and tea

Be my friend on Goodreads. I'm in the thumped group, which was "last active 29 June 2008" so its all go in there.

If we were friends on there and now we're not you must have been annoying and I'm sorry.

My favourite overused word i can't stop noticing is "thrumming" or "thrummed." People need to stop using it.
I can’t find the Thumped group when I searched it, but there’s a group that came up who seem to really like griffins.
My username is Riath there too.

Thrumming and thrummed appear way too often in YA when they want to talk about dick.

Minor pleasure: Fontaines entering their whatever this is, Radiohead in 1993 maybe, clothes phase

FontainesPortraits_Reading2022_Sunday_AFord-69296-1068x1602.jpg

Looking good lads! Nothing to regret here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back