Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Read 60 books... concentration is fucked 🤔
I'm well short of my target of 12. There's time yet I suppose.
A few of them were audiobooks so maybe cheating a bit there.
Kept getting distracted and looked at my phone every two pages but less and less as I got in to the book. I got lucky this year and found a few series that I stayed up until 3-4am because I had to read just 1 more chapter.

i reread all of iain m banks this year, and now i see elon musk has been describing himself as (i think) 'a future utopianist in the iain banks style'.
i do recall characters from the banks books which remind me a little of musk, to be fair.

I read three books this year they were good. Definitely hoping to do it again.

I consciously made an effort to get back into reading this year but I think social media has permanently damaged my brain. I just can't focus on anything anymore.

Social media, with all its wonderful content. Why won't you let me live!!?

Once you go more than one book a week it’s serious, serious reading. Now you need to provide a list @riath!

This year I’m aiming to crack 30 - it’s still good but I’ve dropped off the last couple of years.

2022: 28 (so far)
2021: 39
2020: 86
2019: 66
2018: 45

I’ve no records for previous years but the counts would probably be in the 10s at best.

Lockdown was a strange time,

I know a lad who did side work installing taps into pubs for a craft brewer for a few years. During lockdown he had the making of a few systems and a publican mate who would sell him the odd half keg that was in danger of going out of date.

He ended up installing 3 or 4 home bars in the period. Decent money for it.

I listened to loads of new music though. As usual.

That's more important than fucking reading.

It would be great to able to do both simultaneously

i used to get the bus into town and the luas out to leopardstown, to get to work. i was probably averaging a book a week at the time. would not have time for that now.
I can’t read on a bus but fine on rail. Commuting and a chapter or two in bed is my approach.

I listened to loads of new music though. As usual.

That's more important than fucking reading.

It would be great to able to do both simultaneously
When I’m commuting I have to have music or I can’t read because of the dopes that surround me.

I was also on at least a book a week the times I've lived in Greystones over the years. Haven't finished a single book this year but have started three I think. Read about five last year and usually about that most years.

I arrived home this evening, after my work Christmas drinks, pissed as a coot, and managed to have a half hour conversation with my wife without her even beginning to realise I'm drunk. Still got it guys, she doesn't suspect a thing.

I arrived home this evening, after my work Christmas drinks, pissed as a coot, and managed to have a half hour conversation with my wife without her even beginning to realise I'm drunk. Still got it guys, she doesn't suspect a thing.
Brady Bunch K GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back