Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

this is a weird way to pitch a minor pleasure, but we were at my wife's colleague's house on saturday, and they've built a full working bar in what was their garage. three of us fell over at some point that night (me while walking home) and it turns out i was the only one of the three who didn't break a wrist.
i'm lucky i didn't do myself more damage, i just ended up with a minor black eye and some bruises.

this is a weird way to pitch a minor pleasure, but we were at my wife's colleague's house on saturday, and they've built a full working bar in what was their garage. three of us fell over at some point that night (me while walking home) and it turns out i was the only one of the three who didn't break a wrist.
i'm lucky i didn't do myself more damage, i just ended up with a minor black eye and some bruises.

I know a couple of people who've built bars in their gaffs.

It's a cool project and all, but it always seems to turn out badly. I once fell onto a lit barbeque in someone's South African Beer 'n' Brai Shack. No meat was harmed.

One chap, when he had to move out, decided in the stress of it all that he was going to drink his bar dry.

The next day he showed me snippets of the three hour FB video thing he streamed of him getting mashed on his own listening to 90's raver tunes while roaring about the travesty of having to move out.
Thing was, when he showed me this video from last night, it was Wednesday morning and he was in charge of the job.
Incidentally, he also once broke a bone (big toe) while walking home from the bar. That being, walking across his living room. Couldn't walk properly for months.

When the goo hits. Lockdown was a strange time, I'm only coming out the other end of living for weekend cans and crisps.

I like people watching while drinking on my own and gigs so it never crossed my mind.

All the people I watch though in bars. I can see how in lockdown it'd make sense.

But there is certainly a level of just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It is a wee bit of a pillow fort like.

I like people watching while drinking on my own and gigs so it never crossed my mind.

All the people I watch though in bars. I can see how in lockdown it'd make sense.

But there is certainly a level of just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It is a wee bit of a pillow fort like.

a few fancy beers and telly is the extend of my home drinking wants... and if the missus is out I'll break out a a guitar.

(also potentially move to the 'you know you're getting old' thread)

Ye all got so hammered ye couldn't stand up straight? Fucking hell man, what age are ye?

(actually in fairness I've fallen on my arse a few times during lockdown)

I renovated a Victorian tiled fireplace this week ,restored to possibly nicer than its original form. It was falling down. Full remediation
All new tiles. The customers say I'm a gifted craftsman.

I was happy to let them think that

I've just had a lovely sojourn, indeed inebriated, round and about the way, with a mate, and many other characters along the way.

There was a bit at the end where an English pub patron shouted at the Norn Iron staff member "I know where you live!"
I froze, Norn Iron guy stared at me and also froze. Then someone said Nah, it's alright, they're housemates.
English guy says "what's wrong?"
Nordie guy says "Ask him" (as in me).
I say, just don't say things like that to people.

In spite of that wee moment which was an hilarious misunderstanding in it's own way, I actually had a really nice evening, and I think everyone else did too.

Finished my Goodreads book challenge of 60 books this year. My concentration is fucked, so I’m inordinately pleased with myself.
Also a whole lot of authors used the word “lugubrious”. In making that my word off 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back