Minor complaints thread (5 Viewers)

He’s got about 1200 points army and I’ve been told people play between 1000-2000. I don’t know too much of what any of this means really but he seems happy. He’s starting in a club soon so I’m trying to be a cheerleader.

Oh also Lego, there’s a lot of Lego in the flat now too, but some of that’s my fault. I think we’re down to 40ish kits but some are from the late 80s and might be worth something.

We’re looking for a 3 bed house with a shed so he can have a computer room and a workshop out the back and I’ll have a bit of space for my stuff.

I’ve been on board with my partners hobbies of model making, buying models (I still think they’re separate hobbies), trains (we should be going inter-railing in September ) but now it’s Warhammer 40,000.
I think this is going to be the one that breaks the bank.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What sort of models do they make/buy already?
Could you set some sort of quota system?
my wife had a rule - if i got five bikes, she got a horse, and she was true to her word. i don't know if that means i could get to nine bikes before she got a second horse; i'm currently at six and should probably sell one or two.

YES!

He can join our exclusive little Warhammer WhatsApp group. There’s a shop in Tallaght that does 1000 point tournaments so he’s good to go now.
There’s a social club in his job that’s doing it after work once a week so he’s delighted.
He’s promised to join a D&D group with me soon, so I’ve no more complaints.

There’s a social club in his job that’s doing it after work once a week so he’s delighted.
He’s promised to join a D&D group with me soon, so I’ve no more complaints.
Damn, I’ve only heard of one place having a work club and that’s UCD. I finally realised that Trinners was not actually for winners.

D&D is good craic but I don’t play it much at all any more.

Damn, I’ve only heard of one place having a work club and that’s UCD. I finally realised that Trinners was not actually for winners.

I tried joining some in Limerick but most of them were for teens and that’s just creepy.

Given the potential availability of historical basement/dungeons in trinity that is an omission.
Probably not the best week to suggest it to the SU..

drone deliveries.

my brother has signed up for the pilot scheme operating out of a place at the blanchardstown centre. i'd shoot the fucking things out of the sky if i could.
Was out at my parents house for a barbecue this evening - a drone flew over twice, on a return trip presumably. I'd been told they fly at several hundred feet, this seemed no more than 100 feet up at a guess (though hard to get a sense of scale) but it was loud enough to stop conversation. Fucking loathsome things.

Was out at my parents house for a barbecue this evening - a drone flew over twice, on a return trip presumably. I'd been told they fly at several hundred feet, this seemed no more than 100 feet up at a guess (though hard to get a sense of scale) but it was loud enough to stop conversation. Fucking loathsome things.

They are limited to about 60Metres altitude because after that they technically become airplanes and are into a who world of licence and legal and flight control that they wont to, so for the foreseeable it's the 60Metre ceiling.

They are talking about DB there but it's the vaguest thing.

There's SPL to think of more so in these cases and that it's nota a speaker moving air, it's a dead weight held up by moving air.

I think the medical applications are good but this is just more sedentary lifestyle crap

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A year or two back I was listening to some TWISTED SISTER 70's live stuff and reading about their early days in an interview with Dee.
They were huge in NYC in the 70's on the live circuit bringing in 1,000 or 2,000 several nights a week but as they still played a lot of crowd pleasing covers* they weren't considered seriously by labels.
The band were making lots of money and weren't too bothered for years.

*Lou, Bowie, Rocky Horror, Stones, Tubes etc.

They are talking about DB there but it's the vaguest thing.

There's SPL to think of more so in these cases and that it's nota a speaker moving air, it's a dead weight held up by moving air.

I think the medical applications are good but this is just more sedentary lifestyle crap
I get helicopters flying over my house occasionally - usually the big SAR Sikorsky from Dublin airport. That's a much bassier whomp and much less intrusive than the high pitched whine from the drones.

And that's not taking into account the obvious factor of a SAR helicopter being for the common good Vs a delivery drone delivering doughnuts to a sweet sixteenth birthday party.

I get helicopters flying over my house occasionally - usually the big SAR Sikorsky from Dublin airport. That's a much bassier whomp and much less intrusive than the high pitched whine from the drones.

And that's not taking into account the obvious factor of a SAR helicopter being for the common good Vs a delivery drone delivering doughnuts to a sweet sixteenth birthday party.

I'd suspect it's more adults than teens. - we are on the flight path for the search and rescue and the athlone military stuff but i think they operate a few hundred metres higher. We are also near a quarry and sometimes you feel the house shake when they are blasting.

They are fine if people just stop being outside I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back