Minor complaints thread (17 Viewers)

I have my personal laptop and monitor set up next to my work-supplied, work-only laptop and monitor. So best of both worlds. Granted I have a massive desk here at home.
I have the same setup. I rarely do anything personal on the work laptop. Occasionally I might have to log into social media to find a work-related link.

Wouldn't more mess about on the internet, as a whole, than their personal email?
Aye but if your policy says don’t use cloud storage/web mail as there’s a risk of data loss and you’re flouting FOI then it makes sense to block those services.

Just stepped outside for some air, walked up the road at 3.30 ish, and it's bumper to bumper, stationary, as far as you can see in both directions.

Out of interest I walked a couple of blocks to see who's in the cars. There were about 4? that had more than one person in them. A sizable number of people were on their phones, which, considering they weren't moving... ok.

It's like this every weekday it seems. But blocks and blocks of cars, moved about 30 meters by the time I'd strolled up and back, virtually ALL with only the driver.

I'd ding the ever loving fuck out of them. Commuting in and out of dublin by car can fuck off, unless there's some extenuating circumstances. If you want to take the piss like this, you pay serious cash.

Fuck em all.

I remember once getting a lift with someone, and he was complaining about traffic while there was an empty bus lane right there. Then a bus went by and I said well, there's 80 people right there getting to where they're going. Bunch of cyclists too. He wasn't having it. Just not having it. We should be allowed sit in traffic across TWO lanes!

It's amazing really that someone like Trump never really got traction in Ireland, considering how selfish and stupid so many people are.

Just stepped outside for some air, walked up the road at 3.30 ish, and it's bumper to bumper, stationary, as far as you can see in both directions.

Out of interest I walked a couple of blocks to see who's in the cars. There were about 4? that had more than one person in them. A sizable number of people were on their phones, which, considering they weren't moving... ok.

It's like this every weekday it seems. But blocks and blocks of cars, moved about 30 meters by the time I'd strolled up and back, virtually ALL with only the driver.

I'd ding the ever loving fuck out of them. Commuting in and out of dublin by car can fuck off, unless there's some extenuating circumstances. If you want to take the piss like this, you pay serious cash.

Still in Dublin?
I think there's protests in town today so some of D2 will probably be locked down and that'll make traffic worse.

The deposit return scheme.

Ordinarily, In our kitchen, We have a bin each for cans, glass, other recyclables and general.
Once a month or so I bring up the full cans (all squashed) and glass bins to the recycling centre and recycle them all super quick and with very little effort

Now im being forced into a shop that I don't particularly want to go into. It's way more inconvenient to go to a shop. Also it would be more regular since I can't crush the cans so the bin will fill up quicker. OR I pay yet more money on stupid government levies

Cunts

I just don't want people in 'the shop' actually seeing how many cans I can accumulate
I share my bins with maybe 20 other people. They're always overfilled.

I did say when I first moved in that there wouldn't be enough space. The neighbours were like "we know you like a drink, but trust us, you won't be the person filling the bin with cans".
I didn't take it as a challenge, because it wasn't.

It is a bit of a pain in the hole. Especially at the minute having to check if the cans are returnable by typing their barcode into a website.

The machines look a bit high for people in wheelchairs.

Just leave the cans outside in a bag for the homeless

They'll do all the hard work for you

That's not really the point though is it?
I already donate money to homeless charities. We are being charged extra on cans and bottles to pay for the recycling machines we don't really need.
It's fucking stupid and typical of the Irish government

That's not really the point though is it?
I already donate money to homeless charities. We are being charged extra on cans and bottles to pay for the recycling machines we don't really need.
I really don't care what anyone does

But a society that cares about recycling needs to incentivise it
The old system wasn't working. I've done enough neighbourhood cleanups to tell you that Ballybough was fecking lousy with cans.
The Brits and the Germans and the Americans all do some version of this deposit scheme afaik (unless I've been lied to by media)

I understand it's a hassle for you. And I'm sorry this is the case.

I dunno what else is workable though. I'm kinda happy they brought this in overall, even if it causes some inconvenience.

I'm sure in good time there'll be scouting associations and you-name-it offering to pick up our cans and bottles, and we'll get to help out in multiple ways. Not that this is a remedy for you personally.

It's actually because people are stupid.
People are barely capable of sorting recycling already and despite decades of pictures of sea turtles with bottle caps up thier holes are unable to deduce that buying over 1 million plastic bottles a week in a country that doesn't actually produce any petrolchemical at all is a bad idea, even when a large % of the same drinks are available in non plastic versions, so it comes to the point that people are so fucking thick that the govt have to do something about it or there wont be water available on earth for a few centuries that doesn't have plastic in it. A TD from the west nearly was chased out of his villiage for suggesting people wouldn't buy a brand new coffee cup/lid every day of the week a few years ago, he had to spend two days on the radio walking it back.
What actually needs to be done is to ban packaging that isn't plain unglossed paper, glass or aluminum entirely but then you have to take on the oil industry which likes to yeet prices up any time anyone wants to talk to them, or wipe out a country.

I really don't care what anyone does

But a society that cares about recycling needs to incentivise it
The old system wasn't working. I've done enough neighbourhood cleanups to tell you that Ballybough was fecking lousy with cans.
The Brits and the Germans and the Americans all do some version of this deposit scheme afaik (unless I've been lied to by media)

I understand it's a hassle for you. And I'm sorry this is the case.

I dunno what else is workable though. I'm kinda happy they brought this in overall, even if it causes some inconvenience.

I'm sure in good time there'll be scouting associations and you-name-it offering to pick up our cans and bottles, and we'll get to help out in multiple ways. Not that this is a remedy for you personally.

Do you think the extra charges on cans and bottles is going to stop dickheads littering?
I guarantee it isn't. These are the types of people that won't work in McDonalds or corner shops because they think they're better than that. These cunts won't be picking up redeemable litter and might even enjoy littering even more

It's actually because people are stupid.
People are barely capable of sorting recycling already and despite decades of pictures of sea turtles with bottle caps up thier holes are unable to deduce that buying over 1 million plastic bottles a week in a country that doesn't actually produce any petrolchemical at all is a bad idea, even when a large % of the same drinks are available in non plastic versions, so it comes to the point that people are so fucking thick that the govt have to do something about it or there wont be water available on earth for a few centuries that doesn't have plastic in it. A TD from the west nearly was chased out of his villiage for suggesting people wouldn't buy a brand new coffee cup/lid every day of the week a few years ago, he had to spend two days on the radio walking it back.
What actually needs to be done is to ban packaging that isn't plain unglossed paper, glass or aluminum entirely but then you have to take on the oil industry which likes to yeet prices up any time anyone wants to talk to them, or wipe out a country.

This is kind of my point though, the recycling issue has been pushed on to us by cunts making the products.
The government should have forced companies to stop selling products in plastic containers or any extraneous/ shit materials.
Instead here we are all paying more for things we are already recycling.
Dickheads

Do you think the extra charges on cans and bottles is going to stop dickheads littering?
I think people are on the whole, less likely to discard things of actual value

I don't know if it will sort out littering.
We're not very evolved in Ireland when it comes to this sort of thing.

I'd definitely prefer barcodes on all containers that would identify and send them back to proctor & gamble or coca cola or whoever
But this is better than nothing, it's low-hanging fruit

imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back