Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

Got a customs charge notice in the post this morning for an LP I bought from Juno. To whom I already paid the EU VAT. Rang An Post after work and after a couple of hours they tell me the IOSS number was wrong. Now I have to pay double VAT to get them to release the feckin’ thing and then what, hope Juno refunds me the VAT they collected but didn’t/can’t/won’t pay? SAAAAAKE.

Got a customs charge notice in the post this morning for an LP I bought from Juno. To whom I already paid the EU VAT. Rang An Post after work and after a couple of hours they tell me the IOSS number was wrong. Now I have to pay double VAT to get them to release the feckin’ thing and then what, hope Juno refunds me the VAT they collected but didn’t/can’t/won’t pay? SAAAAAKE.
Same thing happened to me last year.
I did a lot of moaning about it on thumped.
I paid EU duty charges on purchase on Discogs. Then got another demand from An Post before they would deliver. I just paid it as it was a bad time for me.
After some correspondence they insisted they had no registered EU VAT number for the seller.

I initially didn't dispute being asked to pay again by An Post as it was awful period when 5 people in my village parish died in little over a week - including my Dad's best friend. I had enough to worry about.

Shower won't heat the water.

On the plus side it means I'll have to use my gym membership for the first time in months so I can use the shower there.

Even worse now: another item from Juno, the reissue of Meat Puppets II. I paid €36 inc. postage and EU VAT. But again, a customs notice from An Post, this time saying the customs value was assessed at €121. Fucking bullshit!

Juno gave me their IOSS number so I’ll have to get back on to An Post tomorrow and see what the hell I can do.

Imagine being thick enough to protest the most vocal anti-Zionist US Senator.
Bernie is the fuckin dude

Protesters heckle US senator Bernie Sanders during UCD event

I'll get over there again some day and report back...

The times I was in Obama Plaza e.g. 11 am mid week in autumn, all toilets were being used.
If several buses arrive in space of 15 minutes or Kerry are playing in Croke Park... What happens then?
Pissing against a wall.

EDIT:
Not a unique toilet situation.
Only time I was at 3 Arena toilet queues were coming out the doors.

Obama Plaza is half way between Kerry and Dublin hence e.g.
2nd EDIT-
Women seem to get the worst of this malarkey.
It only occurred to me the other day that my local library had only one women's toilet when a woman was waiting outside to go in.
I haven't been in Limerick bus station for years but there was nearly always queues out the door of the women's toilets and the same women would be there when I was going out of the loo

There's a huge deficit of toilets in the Moneygall Obama Plaza. Not remotely enough for the amount of customers.
given the average footfall at any one point throughout the day, not everyone needs to take a shit at the same time. There is at least 4 cubicles
Have just been in Obama Plaza.
Men's toilets have 4 cubicles, 5 urinals and 4 sinks plus 2 hand dryers.
More toilets were upstairs but I didn't scope them out.
Three of the cubicles were occupied and amazingly NONE of the urinals were being used.

The place was busy with most of car park spaces filled outside
So I stand corrected or maybe I just caught the loos at the right time.

The food on offer isn't for me though...

Have just been in Obama Plaza.
Men's toilets have 4 cubicles, 5 urinals and 4 sinks plus 2 hand dryers.
More toilets were upstairs but I didn't scope them out.
Three of the cubicles were occupied and amazingly NONE of the urinals were being used.

The place was busy with most of car park spaces filled outside
So I stand corrected or maybe I just caught the loos at the right time.

The food on offer isn't for me though...

I think you owe barack obama an apology for denigrating his conveniences

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back