Minor complaints thread (23 Viewers)

which part? Its safe to say it will be cold.
Somewhere near Jyväskylä, I think

I'm gonna bust out with the car for a day and drive as far north as I can to try and get to a dark sky area

Leave her at the AirBnb - she won't be up for a 16 hour drive. Particularly if it's getting colder and colder.

I've been in the coldest place in America, so I'm hoping I can take it

I hate Irish cold. Damp as fuck.

Your Americans and your Scandinavians know how to do cold. Proper cold.

Sorry to derail the weather talk (all my Scandinavian and Eastern European work colleagues agree, Irish cold is worse than theirs), but anyway.

Paid customs charges on a Blu-ray from America a week ago, still no sign of it and no movement on the tracker yoke since the 28th. I wouldn’t mind but I paid charges on another thing from the States a day or two before and it arrived last week. Saaaake.

got a new kitchen put in mid-december and the dishwasher is busted

engineer came out today to look at it and said it needed a replacement part. A new machine can't be issued as we have it more than 28 days. Even though we had it 21 days at the time we reported the fault. I'm fuckin livid.

Sorry to derail the weather talk (all my Scandinavian and Eastern European work colleagues agree, Irish cold is worse than theirs), but anyway.

Paid customs charges on a Blu-ray from America a week ago, still no sign of it and no movement on the tracker yoke since the 28th. I wouldn’t mind but I paid charges on another thing from the States a day or two before and it arrived last week. Saaaake.

Seems like the best thing this paying import charges is at,is loosing post for people.

I've heard quite a few people complain and had to have things resent myself too. Of course,the post office takes none of the hit but the seller takes it all.

got a new kitchen put in mid-december and the dishwasher is busted

engineer came out today to look at it and said it needed a replacement part. A new machine can't be issued as we have it more than 28 days. Even though we had it 21 days at the time we reported the fault. I'm fuckin livid.
not sure the 28 days is written into law, plus i wouldn't let them away with that 'more than 28 days elapsed' horseshit, if as you said it was reported a week earlier than that.
what if it was a one year warranty, and it failed on day 364, but the engineer came out a week later to say 'sorry, your warranty has expired'? same concept.

Seems like the best thing this paying import charges is at,is loosing post for people.

I've heard quite a few people complain and had to have things resent myself too. Of course,the post office takes none of the hit but the seller takes it all.

Ah don’t tell me that, this thing is limited-edition and set me back €80 so I’ll never get another one.

not sure the 28 days is written into law, plus i wouldn't let them away with that 'more than 28 days elapsed' horseshit, if as you said it was reported a week earlier than that.
what if it was a one year warranty, and it failed on day 364, but the engineer came out a week later to say 'sorry, your warranty has expired'? same concept.
we got it with the kitchen and the kitchen crowd are deflecting all of the dishwasher shit to whirlpool. They are like a couple of aul wans taking digs at each other. I'll ring the kitchen crowd this morning letting them know that I expect them to sort it, as its them I paid the fucking money to.

we got it with the kitchen and the kitchen crowd are deflecting all of the dishwasher shit to whirlpool. They are like a couple of aul wans taking digs at each other. I'll ring the kitchen crowd this morning letting them know that I expect them to sort it, as its them I paid the fucking money to.

we had a similar back and forth.
but in our case it was the kitchen company, or more specifically the fitter who had put in the carcass slightly off square, meaning the door never closed 100% properly.

Bosch even installed a new machine for us, but it was the gammy work of the fitter at fault (to be fair, its not the only present he left us...)

we had a similar back and forth.
but in our case it was the kitchen company, or more specifically the fitter who had put in the carcass slightly off square, meaning the door never closed 100% properly.

Bosch even installed a new machine for us, but it was the gammy work of the fitter at fault (to be fair, its not the only present he left us...)
balls.

initially whirlpool told us the problem was with the design of the kitchen, that the waste pipe ran below the bottom of the dishwasher and couldn't drain. He called it an 'installation problem'. When I told the kitchen crowd this they said it was 'bollox' (used that exact word). It looked like it was going to work, but we were heading away the next day so never got to use it. When we got back on tuesday and tried it, it was dead (lights were on but no one home). I got back onto the kitchen crowd who logged another support ticket, but used the snarkiest fucking language. btw, the dishwasher lad was right about the design of the kitchen.

And I have a feeling that snarky language they used led the dishwasher lad to have zero tolerance for any more shit, and called for a replacement part rather than a replacement machine.

a bunch of fucking children

I've been doing family taxi runs* for 3 days on mad hours and I've completely lost all concept of time.
It's 19.15 and I keep thinking i'm sitting up too late. I kinda want a pint.

*Over 1000km since wed.

Jesus Christ

Basically dropped a bomb into your spreadsheet
All that petrol on you?

More or less. It's been a year of driving - I've a had a few 'weekends' like this - so essentially i had to have two 'annual' services this year and an extra set of tires. There was actually one month in summer where i drove more hours than i worked at my job. Anywhoo it's not the end of the world or anything, it's just this is supposed to the week everyone zombie walks through work and gets their head sewn together for the new year :p

Damn you Thumped and your app recommendations. Got me all excited.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240106-174735.png
    Screenshot_20240106-174735.png
    279 KB · Views: 0
Water dripping into my kitchen yesterday morning. Spent all day mopping up the attic and replacing insulation. I had checked the drain on the heat exchanger in Dec, and obvs didn't put it back together properly, so the whole thing was my own fault :( Also had painted the kitchen in Oct, and now the ceiling looks like shit again

A "minor" complaint because it could have been a lot worse

Water dripping into my kitchen yesterday morning. Spent all day mopping up the attic and replacing insulation. I had checked the drain on the heat exchanger in Dec, and obvs didn't put it back together properly, so the whole thing was my own fault :( Also had painted the kitchen in Oct, and now the ceiling looks like shit again

Not a great start to the year!

fuck that

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back