Minor complaints thread (32 Viewers)

One unread email.

It's been there for months. Where is this one unread email? Damn you yahoo.

Web browser. My boss was shocked that I don't use outlook. Does that make him old or me old? I "did" Outlook in school in the 90's, never made sense to me, just more things that can go wrong.
The unread folder shows nowt. Though there is some funny shit in the drafts folder.

A while ago, the council sold off our community garden to property developers.

And they built a bunch of shit flats. Today I met one of the people who's moved in. A certain percentage needs to be social housing. So I met a young man in the pub with very clear mental health issues. Grand.

Then I met his sister, her husband (married eighteen years, buh' we splih 'p) the dad, who got bundled away in an Uber at about 20:00, in his Arsenal jersey.

I couldn't leave. Bar staff put ...And Justice For All, in the hope this lot would go away.

I and the other two regulars couldn't leave the staff to it. They're perfectly capable of dealing with pricks, but still. These new locals need to fuck off back to Thamesmead.

Oh also, we gave a fox a burial at sea. And everyone bopped to Kneecap. I just want sleep.

A while ago, the council sold off our community garden to property developers.

And they built a bunch of shit flats. Today I met one of the people who's moved in. A certain percentage needs to be social housing. So I met a young man in the pub with very clear mental health issues. Grand.

Then I met his sister, her husband (married eighteen years, buh' we splih 'p) the dad, who got bundled away in an Uber at about 20:00, in his Arsenal jersey.

I couldn't leave. Bar staff put ...And Justice For All, in the hope this lot would go away.

I and the other two regulars couldn't leave the staff to it. They're perfectly capable of dealing with pricks, but still. These new locals need to fuck off back to Thamesmead.

Oh also, we gave a fox a burial at sea. And everyone bopped to Kneecap. I just want sleep.

what were they doing that was problematic?

Only two. They can handle themselves of course, but there was only seven people in the pub in total.

This particular pub means a lot to me. It does have all kinds of madness, but it's carefully managed madness. They can't afford wankers coming in as the police and council would love any excuse to shut the place down. Being as it is a den of hippies, communists and dole scum. Pure evil, we all are.

How much is a pint in London now?

How much would people be spending on a night in the pub?
It is probably very churlish of me to try to put a price on solidarity

I am so out of the loop on boozing. I used to be a proper pro :-(

this is far beyond fragmentation; i use ICE Mirror to make mirrors of my photos and other directories between them, and that seems to be working at normal speed right now (i'm confirming i have an up to date mirror in case one disk is on the way out).
they're just two separate drives, no RAID, on SATA connection. the computer has been moved a couple of times with the rewiring and painting, but i suspect if a connection inside got jogged somehow, there'd be radio silence rather than this intermittent issue.
weirdly - this seems to just be related to thumbnailing TIFF images. if i open windows explorer with thumbnails enabled, and it starts to try to generate them, disk performance falls off a cliff. if i set it to details only, i can access and open the files with no delay.

This sort of lax use of language boils my piss; 'eliminate' and 'prevent' do not have the same meaning. Came to the fore during covid where journalists essentially working full time on the story consistently made errors about basic science reporting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back