Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

Not only that but I was being a good Samaritan by offering this old lady a lift home only for her to start rabitting on about Medjugorge and good Catholics and priests filled with spirit of God etc. Thankfully it was just a pillar I hit in the carpark in Mullingar

Instagram trend this week to show and tell all the european countries you've been to, proposing the illusion that its a normality that everyone is societally owed 50 flights as some kinda baseline.

We are so fucked.

secondary complaint

@ernesto / @Space I smashed my phone screen yesterday so i've no idea how i'll be communicating over the next few days. Will probably be in the usual spot by 9.30 tonight in any case.

Instagram trend this week to show and tell all the european countries you've been to, proposing the illusion that its a normality that everyone is societally owed 50 flights as some kinda baseline.

We are so fucked.

secondary complaint

@ernesto / @Space I smashed my phone screen yesterday so i've no idea how i'll be communicating over the next few days. Will probably be in the usual spot by 9.30 tonight in any case.
What is the impact of a ferry versus a plane? Presumably it’s more sustainable but I’ve never actually checked.

What is the impact of a ferry versus a plane? Presumably it’s more sustainable but I’ve never actually checked.

Sure possibly a person could take 3 ferries and million trains and cover europe that way, but the bit that makes me think that we are fucked is the idea that part of everyone's life must include covering an entire continenent and this is gamified on social media. Everyone take a step back like.

Sure possibly a person could take 3 ferries and million trains and cover europe that way, but the bit that makes me think that we are fucked is the idea that part of everyone's life must include covering an entire continenent and this is gamified on social media. Everyone take a step back like.
It was more thinking about having some travel in your life without faffing about with planes. We do the ferry most years anyway but I don’t have the leave anymore to venture deep into Europe from Cherbourg.

The complaints of my xmas eve are worth nowt.

I could explain but there'd be no point no doubt
that guy is a prick.

And the rest of us did the Festivus and had a lovely time.
I write this as I hear an ambulance chime
"Why are you going home so early?"
Precisely because I love you all dearly
Fós é mo leaba,

Happy xmas Thumped, pricks.

I showed that poem to two teachers. One of them an English teacher, the other art. As in, they're both English, but that's their subjects.

They did smile, and it was "very nice", so there's something in there.
No one will ever see the the other three verses I forgot to write because I was drunk.

Best poem ever.

my headphones may have just bitten the dust. i have them 25 years. possibly my favourite possession.
i'll inspect them when it's light, there's a possibly tricky fix for them apparently. if that doesn't work, in memoriam:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

probably should take it to the minor pleasures thread; i remembered i had an old pair of sennheiser headphones in a box somewhere which used the same sort of detachable cable. and it turns out the headphones are fine; it's the cable which was at fault.

now i just need to order replacement ear pads for them - anyone ordering off thomann soon? would seem silly to place a €35 order and pay a €15 shipping fee on top.

End-of-year quizzes.

Also need a new calendar, and I didn't get one from the Credit Union when I was last home.

Users who are viewing this thread

• G
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back