Minor complaints thread (32 Viewers)

Drowned In Sound taking offense for me making a joke on their facebook page that a bloke in a band looked like Pineapple-headed Jason Lee.
saps.

98228.jpeg

article_c6610483854c3758_1355304945_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

If a job advert lists more leaving cert points than I got as one of it's minimum requirements should I apply on the basis that the twenty years since I did the leaving cert must surely count for something or should I just not be applying for these jobs anyway? There's an application form, don't know that I can be bothered filling that in.

wasn't there a bit of a 'race row' over the whole 'pineapple head' saga though?

PS: i'm not saying you're a great big racist, just saying that's probably where they're coming from

Last edited:
i compared haircuts. race was not mentioned.
the dude in the band photo couldve been iridescent green and id have still made the comparison.
if thats their problem, i think theyre the ones with the issue

I'd have thought that it's something that would get picked up on whether race is explicitly mentioned or not, and even if there was no intention of offence.

i dont recall any.. maybe them blacking up in the proceeding sketches was a bit questionable, but i just compared a haircut.

I'd have thought that it's something that would get picked up on whether race is explicitly mentioned or not, and even if there was no intention of of fence.

i wouldnt have thought that, so i wouldnt have thought anyone else would either. maybe youre a big racist then for picking up on it too? its ridiculous.

i wouldnt have thought that, so i wouldnt have thought anyone else would either. maybe youre a big racist then for picking up on it too? its ridiculous.

I accept that you didn't mean anything by it and I'm sorry you caught shit for it.
I'd say it's generally a comparison to avoid making because of the baggage it has.

I'm a massive racist. So I know this stuff.

If a job advert lists more leaving cert points than I got as one of it's minimum requirements should I apply on the basis that the twenty years since I did the leaving cert must surely count for something or should I just not be applying for these jobs anyway? There's an application form, don't know that I can be bothered filling that in.

In my last place they'd usually mention leaving cert points. I asked about it and they said that they are listing everything they'd like and if you have 3/4 of them, that's usually find.
Always apply.

PS: i'm not saying you're a great big racist, just saying that's probably where they're coming from
HE'S GOT A PINEAPPLE ON HIS HEAD
As Corm has correctly pointed out the chant was that he had a pineapple on his head not that he was a pineapple head. There's a slight difference. You look like a pineapple is probably racist. Whereas your hair looks like a pineapple is not.

That's my reading of it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back