Minor complaints thread (26 Viewers)

Went into HMV(something I don't do too often) to see if they had the new Status Quo dvd. Couldn't find music dvd's anywhere so I asked.

"don't have any music dvd's at the moment,should have some next week"

Right then.

Some culchie on the bus with the same jacket as me.And on Thursday I seen some lad with a jumper by the same brand.
Time to find something more exclusive.
(truly a minor complaint)

bring NAFF back!

Picture014.jpg

Being a country person isnt a race.Its a state of mind.

Anyway minor compliant..have a cracker of a tune with no chorus.Bah

in the western world, ireland is the most culchie country possible. you sorta find this out after travelling in the english speaking world a bit. i think people deal with it when they come by saying 'ah those westies, 10x the cluchies us easties are'.

The oulfella tryed to etymology the word 'culchie' a few years back and the best he could come up with was 'kiltimagh, co. mayo'. then someone from kiltimagh told him a few years later 'no, no way, its actually them culchie's down the road in kiltibeg that it originates from'. which is a microcosmic study of my perception of the westie/easty thing.

Also i knew a girl who wouldn't speak her own native fluent from birth irish anywhere but at home because of the social stigma of being a bogger. that was a bit sad i thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back