Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

Sorry Pete, I keep forgetting to check the Thumped Facebook page and it almost never appears in my feed (which mostly shows stuff posted about a week ago for some reason) - Facebook is annoying.

forced to work from home and I can't get my second monitor to work

It's fine as the PC is booting but when I log in I get a "signal not found" message

any ideas?

That was the first thing I did. Then I turned it off and on again

I'm all out of ideas

My mechanic doesn't know how to fix my car, I can't make my computer work

I can't wait til the collapse of civilisation when all this shit will be obsolete

Sounds like the car isn't taking well to the cold - this is the first 'winter' you've had this one innit. Try another battery?

If you go cross eyed one monitor will suffice.

That was the first thing I did. Then I turned it off and on again

I'm all out of ideas

My mechanic doesn't know how to fix my car, I can't make my computer work

I can't wait til the collapse of civilisation when all this shit will be obsolete

On the monitor thingy make sure your display settings see the monitor and its set to extend?

On the car thing, did he check the earth? I'd be looking at trying to get a lone of a alternator and batt, if they both dont fix it then its a bad earth somewhere

10561718_10153224244617542_6010369504884580564_n.jpg

right.

I am Pete's raging bile duct

On the monitor thingy make sure your display settings see the monitor and its set to extend?

On the car thing, did he check the earth? I'd be looking at trying to get a lone of a alternator and batt, if they both dont fix it then its a bad earth somewhere

Thanks Ray-- that was the first thing I asked the mechanic but he assured me it was all grand now

he was wrong

I think it is 100% the earthing problem you mentioned. My mechanic mainly works on carb models and is wary of fiddling with SPi's so I'm kind of stuck. I should be able to jump start it and get it to another mechanic but am in the process of tracking one down. There's a guy in Tallaght apparently...

re the monitor..when I turn it on then boot the PC it works but when I log in it says it can't find the signal
It doesn't appear in the control panel. The IT guy at work suggested I "fiddle with the graphics card". He might as well have suggested I invoke Zeus

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back