Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

It's the amount of meds and supplements that's the problem at this stage I'd wager. Sit this one out with a few hot whiskeys, old skool

Highly doubtful. I dont know what the hells ye think im on but ii only take 1 iron+multivitamin and 1 cod-liver oil capsules a day.
And hot whiskeys don't prevent me from getting colds so easily in future. Nor is sitting it out as sick days aren't affordable right now. I really wish I could laze in bed for a few days!
Also my diet hasn't changed much the last 6months.
Would anyone recommend a course of anything or trying to boost me ability system any other way?

Highly doubtful. I dont know what the hells ye think im on but ii only take 1 iron+multivitamin and 1 cod-liver oil capsules a day.
And hot whiskeys don't prevent me from getting colds so easily in future. Nor is sitting it out as sick days aren't affordable right now. I really wish I could laze in bed for a few days!
Also my diet hasn't changed much the last 6months.
Would anyone recommend a course of anything or trying to boost me ability system any other way?

You're just getting old. Try some echinacea and manuka honey. The most important areas in terms of your immune system is in your stomach and bowel apparently so have a steak and some oily fish like makrel now and again.

While you're sick
Try the "Bittersweet John". It's manuka honey, hot Jameson and lemon. *

Or for a non alcoholic head melter try boiling up some ginger in then adding manuka honey and a vitamin C tablet.*

*Warning washingcattle is not a doctor any health benefits are totally coincidental. but they are delicious

That I didn't get to hear the rest of this conversation (or gain any context) on my walk home:

"But where are all this fookin' puppies gonna live like? Grand if you like puppies and shit but what if you're like... get this fookin' puppy away from me?"

We've finished the Christmas Quality Street. Unpopular opinion, I prefer them to Roses, of which there are still some supply.

Also, big issues with the skincare ad with Gerard Butler on it. Mostly because he's Gerard Butler and I hate him so much it makes my ovaries shrivel up. Also because I like the moisturiser he's selling, even though its for boys :(

My thoughts exactly. Plus, I'm nuts for toffee and they have tonnes of toffee options too.

i got all the 2-4 euro smaller boxes in (insert food chain store name here) for all the girls in the house this xmas. lasted about 2 hours. much better option than the standards it think.

Just watched a thing about the recording of the Who's Quadrophenia album. I really like the who and loads of other "mod" bands, but mods are such wankers. Wearing suits and that shit haircut, fringe too short, sides too long. Cack.

Ah c'mon ernie, you're a walking medicine cabinet

just because i stock a few things in case of upset stomachs, heacaches and heartburn does not mean im on everything. god, i wish id a big medicine cabinet of valium

You're just getting old. Try some echinacea and manuka honey. The most important areas in terms of your immune system is in your stomach and bowel apparently so have a steak and some oily fish like makrel now and again.

While you're sick
Try the "Bittersweet John". It's manuka honey, hot Jameson and lemon. *

Or for a non alcoholic head melter try boiling up some ginger in then adding manuka honey and a vitamin C tablet.*

*Warning washingcattle is not a doctor any health benefits are totally coincidental. but they are delicious

yeah trying to eat red meat once a week and fish too. stomach is in good nick lately. also eating pro-biotic yoghurts since ne wyears and everything to try and reduce risk of manflu etc.

usually have a remedy of 3 lemons / 3 oranges, ginger and honey and whiskey (only if its pre-sleeping)
will buy some manuka honey tomorrow. me ex was always putting it in everything.

Daily exercise stopped me getting sick (col/flu) all the time

Ive never been more physically active due to work!

in fact, this is the healthiest ive been in a long long time.

WHATHEFUCK!?

just because i stock a few things in case of upset stomachs, heacaches and heartburn does not mean im on everything. god, i wish id a big medicine cabinet of valium

Were these a problem before? If so, you might want to ease up on wheat. With all the processed foods these days people generally eat more than their bodies can handle because it's injected into everything. It makes some people sluggish and causes all of the above ailments and then some. It weakens your immune system because your body is battling the wheat proteins it can't handle thus making it easier to catch stuff going around. If you have lots of beer, pasta, bread, pastry, dough/batter (even if healthy recipes) it could cause problems. If you try getting your carbs through more veg and fruit and less from grain it might help. Just a thought.

Were these a problem before? If so, you might want to ease up on wheat. With all the processed foods these days people generally eat more than their bodies can handle because it's injected into everything. It makes some people sluggish and causes all of the above ailments and then some. It weakens your immune system because your body is battling the wheat proteins it can't handle thus making it easier to catch stuff going around. If you have lots of beer, pasta, bread, pastry, dough/batter (even if healthy recipes) it could cause problems. If you try getting your carbs through more veg and fruit and less from grain it might help. Just a thought.

They are / were unrelated / mostly in the
Past. Either way I've already cut down a shitload on wheat and Gordon the veg into me!

As doctor cattle said-yr getting old.
Or maybe your working too hard and so not giving your body time to recover.

The only evidence of me working too hard is my sore back which I need to sort out and actually strengthen my arms and shoulders too.
My wimpyness is too apparent!

But I'm positive my work isn't responsible for my repeating colds, sure it wasn't 11 months ago!

Perhaps it's all the riding you've been doing lately ;)

"What do you get when you kiss a girl..."
burt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back