Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

Totally driver responsibility. I can link you too the legal text if you like

I know. I certainly don't want to knock anybody down, & to do that I have to watch some people like a hawk, because they seem to be paying no attention. Either on the phone, never looking over their shoulder, they turn and walk without checking . I'm very aware when out walking, never wear headphones ect..you have to have your wits about ya.

Last edited:
I know. I certainly don't want to knock anybody down, & to do that I have to watch some people like a hawk, because they seem to be paying no attention. Either on the phone, never looking over their shoulder, they turn and walk without checking . I'm very aware when out walking, never wear headphones ect..yo

Yeah look in public people do things that are not based around placating every passing car and the law is very much leant that the driver mode is that of 'due care and attention' - there is no exception for public behaviour here, it's just the contract you enter with a driving licence. If it were a case that you could drive without paying attention, you'd be breaking the law if something went wrong. Nobody ever reads you this in driving lessons in my experience but it is the law you'd hypothetically be confronted with.

I’ve had pedestrians walk into my car while I’ve been stopped waiting to make a right turn on a busy road, so yeah - some people are fucking idiots and no amount of driver responsibility will protect them from themselves.

Oh and last night someone overtook me while I was going around a roundabout - by driving straight across it. So drivers can get fucked too.

If you were working for any multinational and went whinging because you couldn't regularly breach your contract every time you did something they'd yeet you the fuck out the door within days.

Somehow when it's your own society and a contract you signed and carry in your pocket which is also a code written in the blood of people who've either been injured or died it's a valid course of behavoir.

like fuck it is.

Thats my minor complaint, though it was major the time i got hit by a bus.

All I’m saying is I don’t think “All road traffic accidents involving a vehicle and a pedestrian are automatically the fault of the vehicle driver” is an accurate interpretation of the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back