Minor complaints thread (31 Viewers)

Oh! What movie did you think was better than Soul?
Wolfwalkers of course!

But it's more the trend. 2014 was a particularly bad year for it; Big Hero 6 won and it's a pretty good movie that I have mostly forgotten. Compared to Song of the Sea (visionary! heartwarming! Irish!) and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (maybe the most beautiful animation I have ever seen), it's so by-the-book production-line Pixar.

I mean it's grand, people who only watch Oscar winners don't deserve to see good films, but it's definitely a minor complaint.

I really liked Wolfwalkers (especially the visuals, and the kids' acting), but I gotta say I preferred Soul. The breadth of imagination was kinda mind-blowing, and the aging-muso-cops-himself-on plot was ... well, it said something to me about my life

Ah yeah but based on how the Oscars work you'd think the tiny little Irish/European studio who have been nominated four times without a win could be thrown a bone over the billion dollar corporation who win every year.

edit: Just on wiki comparing budgets of these films here, fucks sake! haha

I used to kind of admire McGregor for what he achieved, but his carry on over the last few years has put an end to that.
Yeah he's grand when he's in training and, like, causing a bit of a ruckus in the leadup to a fight, but the rest of the time... I see photos of him at various rich people places like Monaco and he just looks lost, he's there because it's what a rich person does so he's doing it but it so clearly means nothing to him.

Missing a call from a private number. Normally that's fine, fuck people who call you from private numbers. But in this case I'm actually expecting a call from someone with a private number. I've missed two of their attempts to call me already. Now they're probably thinking I'm ignoring them or something. And that would push this into the Major Complaints realm.

There was a band in Dublin years ago called Reckless pedestrians, I've no problem with them...Its more the careless pedestrians that annoy me. We're all pedestrians & most are drivers. The amount of pedestrians out there who seem to be walking around oblivious to whats going on around them is incredible. A lot of them would be injured or worse it is not for strangers watching out for them.

There was a band in Dublin years ago called Reckless pedestrians, I've no problem with them...Its more the careless pedestrians that annoy me. We're all pedestrians & most are drivers. The amount of pedestrians out there who seem to be walking around oblivious to whats going on around them is incredible. A lot of them would injured or worse it is not for strangers watching out for them.
Totally driver responsibility. I can link you too the legal text if you like

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back