Mexico (1 Viewer)

ian bastardcore

Old Timer
Website
Visit site
Anyone been to Mexico ?? Recommend anything good to see , sights or bands or whatever. FY FAN is going on tour with there in May, should be a buzz.

Check out the band thats coming with us Deskonocidos. Good melodic spanish sung punk.

Thursday May 8th Austin,TX w/ Deskonocidos
Friday May 9th mexico w/ Deskonocidos
Sat May 10th mexico w/ Deskonocidos
Sunday May 11th mexico w/ Deskonocidos
Monday May 12th mexico w/ Deskonocidos
Tuesday May 13th mexico w/ Deskonocidos
Wed May 14th mexico w/ Deskonocidos
Thursday May 15th Austin,TX chaos in tejas w/ Hardskin,Dillinger Four
Friday May 16th Austin,TX chaos in tejas w/ Invasion
Sat May 17th Austin,TX chaos in tejas w / tons of good bands
Sunday May 18th Dallas,TX at Red Blood Club w/ Invasion and Bastard Sons of Apocalypse

it's fuckin' HUGE! people forget it involves mega-journey times like the USA.FWIW I have only ever been to the Baja California and the seaside towns on the sea of cortz are stunning. Not where you would end up gigging I am sure though-unless you are en route via Arizona. Mexicali and san Felipe are similar to TJ if you want to spend all your time explaining in broken spanish how you are not a frat boy asshole like 99% of the punters there!

mexico = amazing.

the south of mexico is amazing; chiapas of course, for all sorts of reasons.. and the yucatan peninsula on the carribean side has some of the most beautiful beaches going. but as previously pointed out by tommoytrousers mexico is indeed HUGE so you probably won't be going anywhere near there, if your schedule is anything to go by. even mexico DF is pretty far south... if you find yourself there be prepared to be blown away by the size and total randomness of the place. quite the megapolis.

don't know much about the north; spent a day in ciudad de juarez (the otherr sode of the rio grande from el paso) when I was about 16. fucking insane.

as for things to do: tequila! mexican food! and... negra modelo. buena.

Went to tijuana and couldn't get out of the place quick enough - people trying to steal stuff from the bag on my back as we walked down the street and shit. Nasty.

yeah mexico city is fucking huge, so good though, i'd recommend more than anything if you have an extra day there to go to Teotihuacan, its about an hour outside the city and at 4km by 2km its the most amazing thing i've ever seen, deadly pyramids too!

Spent my time there around DF and also in the city of San Luis, you know if your playing there or not? Some great bands from those parts

the only bit about punk in mexico i seen was the casualties dvd, them mexican punks are nuts, watch that if you get the chance the dvd is there only dvd they got out i think its called cant stop us now its a tour documentry of the mexican tour

the only bit about punk in mexico i seen was the casualties dvd, them mexican punks are nuts, watch that if you get the chance the dvd is there only dvd they got out i think its called cant stop us now its a tour documentry of the mexican tour

That is a deadly DVD alright. And the punk scene in Mexico seems to be triving, espcecially in Mexico city. The out-door gig the Casualties played there looked nuts. Something like 3000 old school punx turned up and the pit they created brought a tear to the eye!

Go to oaxaca, get killed, become a stencil.

when los crudos played their last gigs in mexico city they played 2 gigs over two days i think with a total of 20,000 punks! crazy shit, the market they have every weekend in mexico city where you can get more patches, tapes and studs than you could ever possibly use, also the hilarious goth teenagers walking around with swastika patches:p

hilarious goth teenagers walking around with swastika patches:p

Yeah, HILARIOUS Ed. HI-FUCKING-LARIOS.

auschwitz1.jpeg

Is that hilarious, hey?

auschwitz-birkenau02.jpg

How about that? Is that hilarious, yeah, yeah?

%20Auschwitz%20dwarfs.jpg

And this, hilarious, oh you reckon, you reckon?

Immortal.jpg

That is a deadly DVD alright. And the punk scene in Mexico seems to be triving, espcecially in Mexico city. The out-door gig the Casualties played there looked nuts. Something like 3000 old school punx turned up and the pit they created brought a tear to the eye!

aye its a great dvd alright, see them punx with the fuckin baseball bats at the gig ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back