Meeting People (3 Viewers)

I just meant it would be like dipping in your own pool. Just as dangerous as work, no? I'm mean it's like we're all co-workers minus the water cooler. Although, if I did date someone off here I would probably post a hell of a lot less. Maybe I should rethink this vow. Internet addiction solved. Huh.

I was going to say that it seemed a bit prejudiced to refuse to date someone with more than one post a day but expect your dates to accept your forum usage ;)

I never dated anyone I worked with, although I did find myself the subject of the office gossips on many occasions. In fact, thinking back on it, 'might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb' springs to mind.

Women who don't ask men out: weakness. If you want to keep your equal pay and vote you'd better sharpen up.

Oh, please. The real 'problem' is men not having the stones to approach women they find attractive or would like to date.
Most blokes either need an invite written in neon or to get plastered before they'll risk rejection.

This is how it is.

Oh, please. The real 'problem' is men not having the stones to approach women they find attractive or would like to date.
Most blokes either need an invite written in neon or to get plastered before they'll risk rejection.

This is how it is.

So men are the ones to risk the humiliation, never women? And having a pair of balls means a higher threshold for humiliation?

bunny_design_01.jpg

So men are the ones to risk the humiliation, never women? And having a pair of balls means a higher threshold for humiliation?

Just because men and women should be treated equally doesn't mean they're the same.
Women can have equal pay and still have the door opened for them now and again.
Having the nerve to ask a women out (while relatively sober) is something that generally goes a long way in a woman's book. It shows you have some self-assuredness and can take some initiative to get what you want. These are characteristics most women like and, thankfully, they're easy to fake for the length of time it takes to ask someone out.

And what's more humiliating, to get told she doesn't think it's a good idea or to sit home going through endless scenarios where you might have the nerve to ask her out?

This is how I see it anyway.

This is how it is.

Nail on head there. Although I don't blame em. Years ago I told a guy I thought he was nice and he still acts as if I'm going to attempt to ravish him any time I see him. He probably thinks I'm still kept awake nights dreaming of being with him. :rolleyes:
Be nice if both men and women could think in more casual terms in Ireland. Ages ago a guy asked me out for coffee he just walked over to where I was sitting having lunch on a bench and asked me out. I was so stunned, I was going out with someone at the time, but am still sorry I didn't have the presence of mind to tell him how great I thought it was that he had the balls to do that sans alcohol in the middle of the day on a whim.
That's the thing isn't it, I would ask guys out and wouldn't even mind the rejection so much as the fact that they are going to think you're madly in love with them if you do. That's what puts me off.

i heard some radio show a while back, basically saying that 1/4 of people who go to relationship councilling, the primary reason they are there is that they have actually built thier expectancies and value systems out of movies and tv, and when reality isnt matching up they assume that something is wrong and seek help. mental.

1/4.

like most people i know wouldnt even consider counsel in terms of relationships, other things for sure,

1/4 + those who dont go for counsel, living in a film. mental.

i heard some radio show a while back, basically saying that 1/4 of people who go to relationship councilling, the primary reason they are there is that they have actually built thier expectancies and value systems out of movies and tv, and when reality isnt matching up they assume that something is wrong and seek help. mental.

1/4.

like most people i know wouldnt even consider counsel in terms of relationships, other things for sure,

1/4 + those who dont go for counsel, living in a film. mental.

DId they say which film?

That doesn't seem all that mental. I know a lot of people, both male and female, who have completely unreasonable expectations when it comes to relationships. Whether because of what they see in films and on tv is more difficult to say.

As Sarah said, it would be nice if Irish people took a more casual approach to dating. In Ireland we're forced into a mindset where dating = in a relationship. People can only date one person at a time rather than getting to know several people at once and that results in a lot of time being wasted. Ok, if you're having sex with someone the relationship/monogomy thing is probably more important.

It all just seems so fraught.

That doesn't seem all that mental. I know a lot of people, both male and female, who have completely unreasonable expectations when it comes to relationships. Whether because of what they see in films and on tv is more difficult to say.

As Sarah said, it would be nice if Irish people took a more casual approach to dating. In Ireland we're forced into a mindset where dating = in a relationship. People can only date one person at a time rather than getting to know several people at once and that results in a lot of time being wasted. Ok, if you're having sex with someone the relationship/monogomy thing is probably more important.

It all just seems so fraught.

Another odd thing I find here is the whole family issue. It seems to make things more serious than it really needs to be. Everyone's families are close by so here that meeting them happens WAY too soon. My family have only met those who were long term (meaning 2+ years) relationships over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back