Meeting People (4 Viewers)

Just because men and women should be treated equally doesn't mean they're the same.
Women can have equal pay and still have the door opened for them now and again.
Having the nerve to ask a women out (while relatively sober) is something that generally goes a long way in a woman's book. It shows you have some self-assuredness and can take some initiative to get what you want
. These are characteristics most women like and, thankfully, they're easy to fake for the length of time it takes to ask someone out.

gosh. That speaks to me an awful, AWFUL lot.

its like the internet equivalent of having 'a girl in every port'. Having a girl on every internet forum. It rules.

A girl in every USB port !cheezy

For what it's worth I'm with my current girl almost 4 years and we met in work. Before that it goes met through a friend of friend, met in work work and met one drunken night in The Pod.

I accidentally and randomly met a really cool girl just walking by on the street recently.

I was staying at my mates place and
we were having a wee shindig until I realised I was really really hungry,
so I legged it into town to see what culinary delight I could avail of.

Suddenly I bumped into a cute girl, who asked me for a light, and then invited me for a smoke.
After talking and a bit of flirting I figured she was sound so I brought her back with me.
And incidentally we got on really really well, and in more than just a friendly way.
which was cool seeming as I never get on with/don't really care for 90% of d'gir-uls I come into contact with
(i've got socially retarded obscure 90's indie rocker tattooed all over my face,
generally doesn't go down the greatest with all tha laaydeez down here,
i come from small town fuckin' kerry, like)

So it's been ages since i've met some one I actually properly liked, rather then just wanting to reap the rewards with some random one.

We've been in contact a lot since so we'll hopefully meet up again when the time suits.

I'm just glad that I was really fuckin hungry that night..|..|

Does anyone ever have any luck meeting people at gigs? That's pretty much my only form of social interaction these days and I always felt it was a bit of a dead end. I've got this impression from other people too and I always found that strange considering there's a room full of like minded people who probably have a lot in common from a music perspective at least.

Does anyone ever have any luck meeting people at gigs? That's pretty much my only form of social interaction these days and I always felt it was a bit of a dead end. I've got this impression from other people too and I always found that strange considering there's a room full of like minded people who probably have a lot in common from a music perspective at least.

no. Never. Well once, but it was at a Frames gig years ago. But never. Never even get talking to people at gigs normally. You either go with people and stay with them, or go on your own and stand in the corner. I never see much by way of mingling at gigs for some reason. And you're right. That shouldn't be the case. Everyone there will be like-minded in terms of music taste. Typically, gigs people on here will go to will be gigs by bands that most people we meet from day to day won't have heard of. If you want someone to talk to about music thats the place to be doing it. Strange that.

I've met lots of people at gigs, but not in a sexy result way. Part of that is probably that so many of the people at the gigs we all go to know quite a few of the others there so there is a distinct feeling of being watched (which is nonsense of course).

I got talking to some yanks during a Flaming Lips show in Vicar Street once because I was on my own. I was supposed to meet them (or one in particular) the next day but I was still so upset about a recent break-up that I didn't go. That's my only success at gig picking-up. Which is a pretty poor return rate really.

I'd never try during the band and before the gig the venue is usually too dark and the shit pre-gig music blaring out too loud. Whelans is a divil for this. You're going to see the sweet indie-pop of Bishop Allen and they've got Slayer up to 11.
Also, most of the bands I see never seem to have many birdies at them. And the ones that are there are with their boyfriends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back