Meeting People (1 Viewer)

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Website
www.myspace.com
The Break-ups thread got me thinking.

How do people meet these days? Has anyone tried a dating agency, or a matchmaking service? Speed-dating?

The last guy I dated was a friend of friends which is great until it goes wrong, actually, I'm still not certain what happened there.

Have any of the thumped ladies ever asked a guy out? Anyone have any really cool 'how we met' stories?

Well I met the last one through mysinglefriend.com. I'd met a few weirdos before I met him. He was quite normal actually, apart from the whole 'not loving me' thing....

I met the one before that at uni.

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid...!

Well I met the last one through mysinglefriend.com. I'd met a few weirdos before I met him. He was quite normal actually, apart from the whole 'not loving me' thing....

I met the one before that at uni.

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid...!

Would you try meeting someone else through mysinglefriend.com? Did you sign yourself up or did someone else sign you up?

The few single girls I know here are on dating sites. They seem to go on lots of dates. Then again, lots of dates probably is very telling. Not sure on which end though. ;) I don't think I could be on a dating site. Mostly because that implies you want to be dating and dating here seems more serious. Honestly, I'm not sure I want anything serious ever again. Going out with new people would be cool but the idea of it meaning more than just that... puts me off. Speed dating would be my idea of hell. I'm not so good at the talking bit. Honestly, it just all seem a bit too draining. I lack the energy to even bother. sigh

ETA: told ya my jadedness would resume shortly. ;)

I love how none of the guys are replying :)

Fair play to you Roisin, I've never had the nerve to ask a guy out.

My last ex I met through being in a band with him.
The previous one I met when our bands toured together.
The one before that I met on the internet and I am never, ever, ever doing that again!
The guy before that I met though college.
The guy before that I kinda met through here and through recording some vocals for his record.
The guy before that I met when our bands played a gig together.

Before that is lost in the mists of time. But there's a pattern emerging there. And the ones I didn't meet through music were lunatics, so it's safe to say that if I wasn't in a band I'd have long periods of celibacy with interludes of lunacy.

I just realised that I met the two guys I had serious long-term relationships with through my brothers... who now live on the other side of the world... maybe I should move :)

my first girlfriend lived near me (i was 15 or 16. it was easier then).
then i worked with a girl i went out with.
then i met a girl through friends/at a gig.
i am fascinated by the idea of internet dating, but don't know that i could ever do it. it kind of freaks me out at the same time.

I love how none of the guys are replying :)

Fair play to you Roisin, I've never had the nerve to ask a guy out.

Its easy!! I think you should!!

All you do is..

"Here you know what? I think we should go out?"

It also helps that I was usually very drunk.

work and on nights out are where i've met most of my ladyfriends. i met a girl in mcdonalds once when i was about 14. went out with her for 2 weeks. didn't even get the tit

The Break-ups thread got me thinking.

How do people meet these days? Has anyone tried a dating agency, or a matchmaking service? Speed-dating?

The last guy I dated was a friend of friends which is great until it goes wrong, actually, I'm still not certain what happened there.

Have any of the thumped ladies ever asked a guy out? Anyone have any really cool 'how we met' stories?

Shitloads of people are meeting online.
I was at 2 weddings recently where the couples had met on dating sites.

I don't really know anyone on Thumped but my experience has been that bucketloads of hooking up happens on boards like these.

Shitloads of people are meeting online.
I was at 2 weddings recently where the couples had met on dating sites.

I don't really know anyone on Thumped but my experience has been that bucketloads of hooking up happens on boards like these.

A friend of mine is engaged now to a guy she met through some facebook dating thing. That was another reason for this thread because although I'm really happy for her there is still a part of me that thinks it's a bit weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back