Meeting People (1 Viewer)

sharing your living space with strangers is trying enough most of the time but to start riding one of them?! you've pretty much entered into a long term relationship from day one

Tell me about it. It's intense. That said, I'm meeting her in Paris at the end of the month to ask her if she'll consider marrying me. At least I'll get told "no" somewhere nice.

If i was trying to pick up a hot guy I'd take up surfing or kite surfing or something to do with kites. No point in doing language or salsa classes as they are full of girls.

I have a few minutes before Thomas wakes up for a boppy if anyone else wants made-up advice on stuff. God I'm tired.

@CPR: totally...I'm kind of surprised some of ye [not you obviously heh heh] are having 'problems' finding someone...shows that you can live in a city with more than a million people but not find someone who's right for you.

In our defence some of us are hideous trolls and horrible people t'boot.

If i was trying to pick up a hot guy I'd take up surfing or kite surfing or something to do with kites. No point in doing language or salsa classes as they are full of girls.

I have a few minutes before Thomas wakes up for a boppy if anyone else wants made-up advice on stuff. God I'm tired.

A friend of mine does salsa classes, he has been doing them for years and said that the ratio of women to men is about 5:1 so all the men are treated like sexpots, especially if they can dance. So I agree with Ro, avoid dance classes.

Also avoid pregnancy yoga.

actually avoid yoga in general, all the blokes in my class are there with their girlfriends. usually because the blokes have sports injuries and ask their girlfriend to go along with them so they won't feel weird.

but if anyone wants to meet kinda strange men I recommend checking out Bikram yoga. Everyone wearing next to nothing in a hot sweaty room, you can check out everyones goods without the awkwardness of a date.

The only single men you'd meet surfing or kite surfing are the rejects... the sane/sober/normal/attractive ones have all been taken years ago.

Ah, no, that's harsh... and only half true.

A friend of mine does salsa classes, he has been doing them for years and said that the ratio of women to men is about 5:1 so all the men are treated like sexpots, especially if they can dance. So I agree with Ro, avoid dance classes.

my best mate got married just over a year ago. he wanted to learn to dance for the first dance so i went with him to a private dance class. as we got there the previous salsa or whatever class was finishing up and forgive me for being rather judgemental, but the nerdiest looking guys were walking out of the place and christ they looked so much like they thought they were the bee's knees. they really loved themselves in that room and kind of sneered as they walked out on their way home to play world of warcraft or whatever.

that's very mean isn't it?
ah well.

my best mate got married just over a year ago. he wanted to learn to dance for the first dance so i went with him to a private dance class. as we got there the previous salsa or whatever class was finishing up and forgive me for being rather judgemental, but the nerdiest looking guys were walking out of the place and christ they looked so much like they thought they were the bee's knees. they really loved themselves in that room and kind of sneered as they walked out on their way home to play world of warcraft or whatever.

that's very mean isn't it?
ah well.

According to my mate,even the homliest of gentlemen can get a ride just by being able to keep time and do the moves in the class. It seems the women really enjoy being swept off their feet at these events.

but if anyone wants to meet kinda strange men I recommend checking out Bikram yoga. Everyone wearing next to nothing in a hot sweaty room, you can check out everyones goods without the awkwardness of a date.

The only single men you'd meet surfing or kite surfing are the rejects... the sane/sober/normal/attractive ones have all been taken years ago.

i have both done bikram yoga (although admittedly i only did it twice cause i hated it and it was full of weirdo's. not least the instructors) and surf.

great.

i have both done bikram yoga (although admittedly i only did it twice cause i hated it and it was full of weirdo's. not least the instructors) and surf.

great.

I agree, you have to be a bit weird to do Bikram, it brings out the psycho in you. I have to admit there were times I didnt recognise the manically staring sweaty woman in the mirror as myself.I started going every night for about a month and it all got a little...weird. and the lads in the banana hammocks too. My current yoga is far less mental, all chanting and bendiness.

Ok, now all you girls need to listen up on this one. I know it looks like all the good ones are taken, but bear in mind that we (I mean us good ones) have been through many years of close supervision and the subtle civilising influence of our lady partners. The ones who have yet to be fully assimilated look shabby, I'll admit, but with a few years of love, care and relentless arguments, they too will become good ones, kites or not.

wait....

no dancing. no yoga. no internet nerding and if you do kite surfing you should already be married.

this thread has a misleading premise

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back