Meeting People (3 Viewers)

But even a bad date can be fun, I've had my share of awkward dates but they all add to the experience and being intimately (in that it is something shared by only the two of you) to another human, even by mutual embarrassment, is good, right?
Yes. It was good fun. I'd like to go on more american style formal dates than seems to be the norm in Ireland*. There seems to be feeling here that if you approach someone or suggest a date, you're automatically in love with them which leads to alot defense mechanisms kicking in.

As for internet dating, I had one of the facebook dating applications and its good for shooting the breeze with a member of the opposite sex if you're bored in work, but I don't think its the way to go (well not for me). A female friend tried it and got totally bombarded with messages from blokes.

*edit. Actually no, drunken scoring is grand.

.......As for internet dating, I had one of the facebook dating applications and its good for shooting the breeze with a member of the opposite sex if you're bored in work,

*edit. Actually no, drunken scoring is grand.

'shooting the breeze'? in work? does your manager not give out?

drunken scoring is not a date. weve all done that, usually regrettably but its not spending time getting to know them, well, not in that way.

so what you gonna do?
like what kind of things do people do to meet other people other than get drunk.

eh i dunno. i have decided that i want a foreign girlfriend as my next one whenever that is. and not english or australian coz they dont count.

Roll on Primavera .|..|

(yeah right Ernesto)

ooh! primavera! i'd forgotten about that. hopefully i'll be able to speak spanish again.
or the international language of lurrrvve*.

*a mix of latin and danish.

i have a date on wednesday with someone i met on a night out recently. the only problem is i can't remember what she looks like cos i was a bit pissed at the time. this happened before and i went up to the wrong girl at the tube station and was like "hey, how's it going?" morto!

i have a date on wednesday with someone i met on a night out recently. the only problem is i can't remember what she looks like cos i was a bit pissed at the time. this happened before and i went up to the wrong girl at the tube station and was like "hey, how's it going?" morto!

Brazen it out, act all like you meant to just walk up to a randomer and drop the hand. You'll look sexy and cool.

Work used to be an option for me, but not any more... although I meet lots of guys through my job I have to keep them in line so even friendship is out of the question.

I know lots of happy couples that met at work, including my folks. AND, My Mam asked my Dad ("So, when are you going to give me driving lessons"?) They were 40 years married last Sat.

That said, I was knocked back (after finally asking, after ages of almost asking) and was told that "working together would be too awkward, cause people would talk". Maybe they would. Big deal! Then I realised that people who use that excuse just aren't in to the other person as much. Sadly, thats what excuses are for.

I know lots of happy couples that met at work, including my folks. AND, My Mam asked my Dad ("So, when are you going to give me driving lessons"?) They were 40 years married last Sat.

That said, I was knocked back (after finally asking, after ages of almost asking) and was told that "working together would be too awkward, cause people would talk". Maybe they would. Big deal! Then I realised that people who use that excuse just aren't in to the other person as much. Sadly, thats what excuses are for.

That's really sweet, I love hearing stories like your parents'. Work's not an option for me because I work in a small office and the only two men there are not my type (and married, but that's not even relevant) :D

'He/she's just not that into you', strangely impowering in a way, it carries the reassurance that it's not that there is something intrinsically wrong with you. It's my comfort in life.

The last girl I met was out with her friends at the time and in addition to her own name had a couple of nicknames that were both proper names so I actually wasn't sure what her name was. I managed to fake it and tought it out until I called her one day and got her voicemail which started with "Hi this is *her name*."

I'd spent two night with her at that point, I think that that makes me a pretty terrible person.

Turned out I actually had her name right all along but didn't want to take the risk of calling her something else.

Thats a really good way of looking at it.. once you get over the initial devastation :)

It's the fear of that initial devastation that has prevented me from ever asking a guy out. So it's easy for me to be glib about it I guess, not that I mean to be.

To be honest, the best dating website I ever used was www.daft.ie.
Two girlfriends and two one-off rides resulted from this place. Not to mention a few new friends.

Not that I've done it, but if one was so inclined they could put a fake ad for a room available. Great way to meet girls. And none of the awkwardness of internet dating.

It's the fear of that initial devastation that has prevented me from ever asking a guy out. So it's easy for me to be glib about it I guess, not that I mean to be.

Ah no, I didn't think you were being glib at all. OK, the disappointment is a killer, the realisation that you were reading signals totally incorrectly, is crushing, and of course the whole sense of being back at square one is the pits!

But, your point about accepting that they are just not into you, still makes perfect sense and IS quite comforting. Working for me anyway :)

The last girl I met was out with her friends at the time and in addition to her own name had a couple of nicknames that were both proper names so I actually wasn't sure what her name was. I managed to fake it and tought it out until I called her one day and got her voicemail which started with "Hi this is *her name*."

I'd spent two night with her at that point, I think that that makes me a pretty terrible person.

uh.... uh.... let me have a look at how hilarious your passport photo is????

jesus, i've been there !ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back