Meeting People (1 Viewer)

i need a break from getting spiked by my mates every time i go out. it gets funnier every time and i think my sides will literally split next time.
Jaysus! Fun times with your mates by the sounds of things.

I'm just fed up going to the same places with the same people. My friends are great, but they're in a routine at the moment and I'm not able to get 'em out of it. Half of them are in relationships and almost all of the half who aren't, are gay, so gay nights tend to be the order of the day lately. Mostly because the ones in relationships don't care about meeting people so are happy to go to the likes of the George/Front Lounge, but I'm a bit shtuck as a result!

It's easier to stay in :(

Jaysus! Fun times with your mates by the sounds of things.

I'm just fed up going to the same places with the same people. My friends are great, but they're in a routine at the moment and I'm not able to get 'em out of it. Half of them are in relationships and almost all of the half who aren't, are gay, so gay nights tend to be the order of the day lately. Mostly because the ones in relationships don't care about meeting people so are happy to go to the likes of the George/Front Lounge, but I'm a bit shtuck as a result!

It's easier to stay in :(

That's silly. Find interesting gigs and go alone. You'll meet people (new friends or otherwise) trust me.

That's silly. Find interesting gigs and go alone. You'll meet people (new friends or otherwise) trust me.
Jill's right, anyway what's the worst that could happen?

A few days ago I was asked out by a guy who'd told me he liked Bon Jovi "ironically" (he actually did the bunny ears thing!!!!) and later told my friend to suck in her gut (she's a size 10/12) :mad:.

Jill's right, anyway what's the worst that could happen?

Definitely. Going to gigs alone is great. You're there for the music and so guaranteed a good night (as long as you enjoy the bands) and if you make some new friends that's a bonus.

Oh I know, if there's a band on who I like I'm happy to go alone. There hasn't really been anything on that I felt like going to.

Also, I'm not saying that I don't have fun when I'm out with my friends, I just find that when out with them it's nigh on impossible to get into a situation where I'll meet other people be they future friends, or otherwise. But I know this before I head out with them, so it's not a huge deal. That and I'd seen most of 'em every weekend since the start of the year, so absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. I don't mind going to gay clubs/pubs, I'm happy to hang with my friends and if that's where they're going that's cool, but when they're all hooking up and I'm left explaining to girls why I'm in a gay club and I'm not gay it can get a bit tedious :)

Mystupidspacebar is broken.

Definitely. Going to gigs alone is great. You're there for the music and so guaranteed a good night (as long as you enjoy the bands) and if you make some new friends that's a bonus.

yeah, you usually end up talking to people there at the gig

i have come to like going to gigs alone. another factor there is that people i know know me too well to listen to me when i talk about music :rolleyes:

if i didn't go to gigs alone, i wouldn't go to any gigs apart from big bands like radiohead or blink 182.

indeed you're there to listen to the music

if i didn't go to gigs alone, i wouldn't go to any gigs apart from big bands like radiohead or blink 182.

That's the situation I was in for my first 6 years in Dublin. It was a pain, because I was friends with a few people involved in independent music but I could never go to their gigs. I made a conscious decision to change that 3 years ago and haven't looked back since.

And I've met a lot of lovely people in the process.

That's the situation I was in for my first 6 years in Dublin. It was a pain, because I was friends with a few people involved in independent music but I could never go to their gigs. I made a conscious decision to change that 3 years ago and haven't looked back since.

And I've met a lot of lovely people in the process.

Cheers, I suppose I'm sound enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back