Meeting People (1 Viewer)

Hey Green Goblin

You sound lonely dude, and I empathise with you - I live in the countryside and I too find it hard to relate to most of the people around me, with whom I find I've almost nothing in common. It's ok for me - I'm happily married and I'm in a band I love - but even so I find the isolation kinda hard going at times.

I find people I do have something in common with to talk to every day here on thumped. You should ignore the ribbing you're getting now and stick around, it's a good place, I've met lots of sound people and even made some friends here

sorry to go way off topic here but can someone pm me please and explain what tags are and why woukd they be deleted. thanks( genuinely don't know and I dont want to be missing any tricks)

sorry to go way off topic here but can someone pm me please and explain what tags are and why woukd they be deleted. thanks( genuinely don't know and I dont want to be missing any tricks)

Tags are for subscribers and they are ways of marking, or 'tagging' if you will, different threads based on similar themes or topics.
The idea being that if, say, feminism is being mentioned in a Le Tigre thread and also in a cervical cancer vaccine thread, then you could search tags for feminism and see both.
They generally end up being used to make anonymous smart arse comments, which I for one usually find funny, but other people object to.

agreed. GG can stand up for himself. most of the deleted tags were hilarious

I didn't ask anyone to delete them, they were hilarious. I was just expressing my sheer feeling of WTF.

The actual "PUBLIC BULLYING" bit was a bit retarded though. It's amazing what you can get away with when you can use the excuse "LOL TROLLAN YAH". Where do you draw the line? Some forms of bullying pretty much just are "trolling" anyway.

It can, but it doesn't happen often.
I'd tell him the truth. If the attraction does develop, you can reel him back in.
If it's not going to happen, the sooner you tell him, then the sooner he might start putting his time into something that might work.
Wasting his time this way is not good for either of you really.
The more you get his hopes up now, the harder they will be to deflate later.

Maybe you should ask a girl though.

Ok, cool

To answer your question: attraction comes first if you ask me so you're not going to think he's a ride over time. Drop that zero.

absolutely no attraction at all? if you've known him for a while and enjoyed his company but never felt anything, most likely you never will as normally the more you enjoy someones company the more attractive they seem (well for me anyway).
not much point ruining what you have if there's no spark to begin with, you might end up feeling like you have to try to make it work, which isnt cool for anyone.

I don't think so.

I definitely think so. Although in one experience I had told myself that no matter what I was only going to stay mates with one bloke, he had a lot of baggage and I didn't want to be involved there. I think the more I told myself I should avoid him the more appealing he became. He was one of the only blokes who treated me quite well, but needless to say the baggage eventually became a pretty big issue so it didn't work out. I'm disappointed in myself more than anything because I lost a good mate and in spite of the sexy results it totally wasn't worth it.

I don't think you can force attraction though. I did go out with one guy for a very short time because we did get on very well and I thought I'd get to feel the same attraction for him as he had for me, but I didn't. I hadn't learned how to make the "I think we should just be friends" speech at that stage.

Ok, so basically, whether my lack of attraction to the guy is due to lack of any kind of spark or as a result of discomfort about any baggage he may be lugging around (plenty) the consensus is that its probably not going to change. That's what I suspected. Now to break the news.

Ok, cool

Ok, so basically, whether my lack of attraction to the guy is due to lack of any kind of spark or as a result of discomfort about any baggage he may be lugging around (plenty) the consensus is that its probably not going to change. That's what I suspected. Now to break the news.

Maybe just tag one of his threads?

I think it's probably better for you both if you do break the news, you won't be tip toeing around him and he won't be holding ont a false hope.

But what do I know?! :)

Maybe just tag one of his threads?

He's not on Thumped.

I think it's probably better for you both if you do break the news, you won't be tip toeing around him and he won't be holding ont a false hope.

But what do I know?! :)

The problem is that this is the guy I asked out a few weeks ago :rolleyes: He's done the chasing since, but a bit too much so. Eeep!

The problem is that this is the guy I asked out a few weeks ago :rolleyes: He's done the chasing since, but a bit too much so. Eeep!
Oh right, that really does complicate things alright. Hrm ...

Too much chasing is off putting alright :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back