Meeting People (1 Viewer)

I'm the tag Nazi. If you have a problem with that you can get out of my thread.

I detest cowardly anonymous bullying, and if I have the opportunity to do something about it I will.

Keep the tags on topic and use Rep and direct responses if you disagree with someone or want to express a view.

This question is slightly off topic, but in the general theme, so please forgive me.

But do you think that attraction is something that can develop over time? I've been asked on a date by a guy that I get on well with, he makes me laugh etc. But... I don't feel attracted to him at all. In fact, if he walks too close to me I instinctivly move away. Should I just tell him that I only want to be friends, or keep my mouth shut?

This is further complicated by other issues, but I'm not going to go into them here.

It can, but it doesn't happen often.
I'd tell him the truth. If the attraction does develop, you can reel him back in.
If it's not going to happen, the sooner you tell him, then the sooner he might start putting his time into something that might work.
Wasting his time this way is not good for either of you really.
The more you get his hopes up now, the harder they will be to deflate later.

Maybe you should ask a girl though.

I detest cowardly anonymous bullying, and if I have the opportunity to do something about it I will.

Keep the tags on topic and use Rep and direct responses if you disagree with someone or want to express a view.

This question is slightly off topic, but in the general theme, so please forgive me.

But do you think that attraction is something that can develop over time? I've been asked on a date by a guy that I get on well with, he makes me laugh etc. But... I don't feel attracted to him at all. In fact, if he walks too close to me I instinctivly move away. Should I just tell him that I only want to be friends, or keep my mouth shut?

This is further complicated by other issues, but I'm not going to go into them here.

Wait...you can remove tags from threads you start? Is this only for subscribers?

In fairness Squiggs, Green Goblin was unmercifully bullied in public view in the thread so I don't think there was anything anonymous about the tags. I thought engorged penis was pretty good, and I was proud of Goblolz.

To answer your question: attraction comes first if you ask me so you're not going to think he's a ride over time. Drop that zero.

absolutely no attraction at all? if you've known him for a while and enjoyed his company but never felt anything, most likely you never will as normally the more you enjoy someones company the more attractive they seem (well for me anyway).
not much point ruining what you have if there's no spark to begin with, you might end up feeling like you have to try to make it work, which isnt cool for anyone.

I could bore everyone shitless again with my tale of woe involving me going out with a snappily dressed Belgian lesbian chick, for a number of weeks, and then dumped fairly brutally, leaving me feeling confused and hard done by.

It was a number of years before someone told me she was in fact a lesbian, and everyone in the whole fucking college knew that, and that she had just broke up with her long term girl friend and wanted to try something new.
Apart from me.
Despite the fact that I slept with her. Which just muddied the waters further.

It then took me another half hour after being informed about the above lesbianism, to realise that I had shagging her girlfriend, who had very big boobs, poor English, and was exceptionally dull. Who I had just dumped, fairly brutally.

This would be the same girl that, much to everyone's surprise, walked in on myself and the snappily dressed Belgian girl one night a week later.
Wearing a towel.

When I dumped the dull girl with big boobs (and the towel) she, quite reasonably, asked me why. Unforunately I am not very bright, so I paniced a little bit and I told her I thought I was probably gay. This thought resulted in some sheepish looks from me whilst lying in snappily dressed Belgium girl's bed.
Oh hai!.. Ehh.

Little did she know the real reason I dumped exceptionally dull girl was this mental Italian girl that I was sporadically with was back on the scene. Or at least I thought I never told her about mental Italian girl. But apparently I had told her about mental Italian girl, and when she confronted me with this information, I struggled for a number of minutes before pressing on with the grim business of the break up shag all the same.

I know that the Italian girl I was having relations with was going out with someone at the time, quite possibly someone that posted on thumped.
I'd say its a reasonably bet to say he'd be sounder than me too.

Sounds like a fucking Dylan song! Except the thumped reference at the end.

Interesting, has anyone become more attracted to someone over time?

sure

priscilla-presley-plastic-surgery1.jpg

How does one go about having an affair?

In secret. You should be able to manage it just fine, having the house to yourself during the day.

Do it now if you're going to, once HMB learns to talk you'll be living with a little informer.

Interesting, has anyone become more attracted to someone over time?
I definitely think so. Although in one experience I had told myself that no matter what I was only going to stay mates with one bloke, he had a lot of baggage and I didn't want to be involved there. I think the more I told myself I should avoid him the more appealing he became. He was one of the only blokes who treated me quite well, but needless to say the baggage eventually became a pretty big issue so it didn't work out. I'm disappointed in myself more than anything because I lost a good mate and in spite of the sexy results it totally wasn't worth it.

I don't think you can force attraction though. I did go out with one guy for a very short time because we did get on very well and I thought I'd get to feel the same attraction for him as he had for me, but I didn't. I hadn't learned how to make the "I think we should just be friends" speech at that stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back