MBV Gigs (2 Viewers)

I saw spectrum in New York recently.
Missing it is not worth beating yourself up over. It felt a bit like a poor man's suicide.
Looks like I'm off to Paris for MBV which should be a laugh!

Support for the various nights, from Pitchfork:

06-20 London, England - The Roundhouse *
06-21 London, England - The Roundhouse !
06-22 London, England - The Roundhouse *
06-23 London, England - The Roundhouse ^
06-24 London, England - The Roundhouse
06-28 Manchester, England - Apollo !
06-29 Manchester, England - Apollo !

* with Le Volume Courbe
! with Spectrum/Sonic Boom
^ with Graham Coxon

Swallow?

It's off the Tremolo ep I think....

That's it....thanks.

I've never done heroin & I'm not going to start now, but I always think of Loveless as an audio representation of being out of it on heroin. That warm, fuzzy, blurry feeling. I could be wrong and like I said I'm definitely NOT going to try and find out if I'm right.

last night was insanely heavy and brilliant. wasnt sure whether they'd be that good but they really were. the whole set was intense and then the end was like a jet engine going off in yr face

Holy Fuck. Last night was an ordeal at times but it was fucking amazing. Better than I'd dared hope they'd be.

I'd read about the extended noise part at the end of you made me realise and had always thought the idea was really shit and wanky. But to actually experience it is incredible, when it got the point where I had to cover my ears I felt now much the low end was actually beating me. It went on for 14 minutes.

Friday was TEH AWESOME, one of the best concerts I've seen in a long time. Also TEH LOUD - first time I've worn earplugs at a gig.

I liked the venue lots as well - apart from the insane beer prices, anyway.

YEEEEEARGGGGHHH Friday was fucking incredible. Ian is spot on with the "better than I dared hope" comment. Intense stuff, but completely wonderful. Soon was the fucking rapture and You Made Me Realise was quite an experience. The sight of people streaming away from the stage with their fingers in their ears looking bewildered around the 7/8 minute mark was hilarious. Man I was glad I brought my earplugs, I took them in and out at various points, not sure how I would have survived without them. I was near the sound desk and the levels were maxed out for almost the entire gig.
Anyway, deadly deadly stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back