Mass Effect (1 Viewer)

A patch would be nice, although I haven't found the tearing too bad, considering I usually HATE things like that.

I was hoping the dialogue would be a bit better though. I've had a few *groan* moments and I'm only just getting started.

A patch would be nice, although I haven't found the tearing too bad, considering I usually HATE things like that.
Wait till you start thundering around with more than three characters on a screen at one time. It's the worse I've seen on any 360 game, I never normally notice.

The checkpointing in this game is abysmal. I just got pounded by some surprise megabaddy (turn corner; rocket in face; death), only to be sent back about 90 minutes playtime. Fuck that.

I've been caught out a few times, you just have to not rely on it and save every ten minutes or so. Oblivion taught me that to.

Right. I don't like this game.

I've played it for about 90 mins so far and I've found that...

The combat is boring and clunky.
The dialogue is George Lucas in places ("The darkness closes in!")
The enemy AI is awful (they either stand still or run right at you).
There are too many menu screens.
My squad are thick as shit.
The tearing and slowdown are bad in places.

Best bits after 90 mins were punching the guy in the chops who was having a freakout near the dig site and having the game crash on me in the train station.

I really don't understand how this game is getting high scores all over the shop!?!

how is this playing for you dudes ? i went up to trade assassins creed for this but ended up getting mario galaxy!

havent played mario at all yet. on the tutorial level i had to catch the rabbits......that just annoyed me

Despite my reservations over the technical side of the game, I'm really enjoying it. I must be, seeing as my save is at about 25 hours in.

The main quest is really good fun, but the side quests are getting very samey (even down to the layout of a lot of the facilities on remote planets being EXACTLY the same as others, not very next gen). I've leveled up to the point now where I can wade in a brush loads of enemies aside without thinking too much.

I reckon I might fuck off the side quests and just get the main story done, as that's where the fun is at.

Hated this with a passion. It seemed too ambitious and felt rather unfinished. Traded it in for Mario.

Hated this with a passion. It seemed too ambitious and felt rather unfinished. Traded it in for Mario.

It gets better as you go on but it is nowhere near the game they seemed to be touting it as.Any games coming out soon that are worth looking forward to?Now that the November glut is over there doesn't seem to be much on the horizon.Looking forward to Alan Wake but no idea when it is out.

Yeah, I hate the whole concept of releasing so many games in the run up to Christmas. Surely any half decent game would have sold better had it been out a few months back when there was nothing else useful out. The likes of Kane And Lynch and Assassins Creed would probably both have looked better when up against less sexy opponents.

Mario Galaxy is a classic. It does frustrate at times, but it's just so joyful (!!!). It's brilliantly designed for the most part and is gorgeous to look at. It has made us laugh out loud quite a few times too, which can only be a good thing.

Yeah, I hate the whole concept of releasing so many games in the run up to Christmas. Surely any half decent game would have sold better had it been out a few months back when there was nothing else useful out. The likes of Kane And Lynch and Assassins Creed would probably both have looked better when up against less sexy opponents.

Mario Galaxy is a classic. It does frustrate at times, but it's just so joyful (!!!). It's brilliantly designed for the most part and is gorgeous to look at. It has made us laugh out loud quite a few times too, which can only be a good thing.

I played it too over the weekend. Fantastic game. I saw Gamer TV last week though and they interviewed the guy who does Mario's voice and he is a creepy dude!

Ahh it's not that bad. You do need to stick with it for the first four or five hours though. I keep swinging from loving it (main mission) to wondering why I'm bothering (pointless side mission just to level up).

I've always hated mario. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, thumped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back