Mass Effect (1 Viewer)

So Mr.Citysickness, what's this like?

I watch a video online and there seemed to be a whole load of tearing going on.

Aye, the people need to know! For fuck sake, don't tell me there's a ton of tearing in it....

Aye, the people need to know! For fuck sake, don't tell me there's a ton of tearing in it....
A whole load of slowdown too apparently. It's still getting decent to great scores though.

It's out on friday isn't it?

Aye Friday. I hope the sheen isn't taken off the game by issues like that. The whole "constantly loading while moving across a large area" thing in Oblivion kinda messed it up.

An 8 from EG. Main complaints are terrible enemy AI, tearing and slowdown. And that the intorduction to the game isn't the best.

I'm not a huge RPG/Sci-Fi geek so I reckon I might leave it.

Aw fuck. Its a guaranteed let down now after the hopes i had for it. Still getting it buh. Ratchet and Clank is good laugh.

Looks like Leftys game of the year might be a photofinish between Portal and Fifa08.

I would never have guessed that.

An 8 from EG. Main complaints are terrible enemy AI, tearing and slowdown. And that the intorduction to the game isn't the best.

I'm not a huge RPG/Sci-Fi geek so I reckon I might leave it.

i tend not to take eurogamer too seriously some times. other reviews for it have been very good. it could really suffer from the hype though, people who are not rpg fans will buy it and give out. i will be giving it a go anyway

It's nowhere near as big as expected either, if you wanted you could rush through it in 10 hours apparently.

I've put R&C on my xmas list, I really liked the demo.

Aw fuck. Its a guaranteed let down now after the hopes i had for it. Still getting it buh. Ratchet and Clank is good laugh.

Looks like Leftys game of the year might be a photofinish between Portal and Fifa08.

I would never have guessed that.

for me it could still be bioshock. no game got me as hooked in as that did ! its not fair to say orange box as game of the year because its 5 games! halo 3 would have to be up there for me. single player was great and the other features are amazing

Sorry to confirm lads, but the V-sync issues, framerates and texture pop-in are pretty bad throughout. Seems to be a common problem with the Unreal engine. Whatever's causing it, I'm getting pretty sick of this sort of stuff in console games - developers spend all this time building something that's supposed to be "cinematic" and then fuck up the immersion with frequent slideshows.

It's nowhere near as big as expected either, if you wanted you could rush through it in 10 hours apparently.

I've put R&C on my xmas list, I really liked the demo.

yeah i am hearing good things about r&c. i reckon you could have legged it through oblivion in well less then 10 hours. Its looking like i could get assassins creed finished by friday so thats my trade in! if mass effect is bad then i can always trade in for cod4 . its a win win win situation really

It seems to be not quite so bad (although I might be imagining it) if you turn off the post-processing effects like motion blur and film grain.

Sorry to confirm lads, but the V-sync issues, framerates and texture pop-in are pretty bad throughout. Seems to be a common problem with the Unreal engine. Whatever's causing it, I'm getting pretty sick of this sort of stuff in console games - developers spend all this time building something that's supposed to be "cinematic" and then fuck up the immersion with frequent slideshows.

i heard that its really bad at times. the unreal engine aint really having a good year !

if mass effect is bad then i can always trade in for cod4 . its a win win win situation really
Get COD4. If it wasn't for respawning enemies it might have pipped bioshock for my game of the year. No tearing, no slowdown, amazing looking, hugely immersive. In fact some of it was too immersive, one level in particular was rather chilling.

Get COD4. If it wasn't for respawning enemies it might have pipped bioshock for my game of the year. No tearing, no slowdown, amazing looking, hugely immersive. In fact some of it was too immersive, one level in particular was rather chilling.

i will be picking it up at some stage. just kind of had enough of cod and fps to be honest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back