marshall heads with 4 inputs/chans... (1 Viewer)

oh yeah - definitely more coming out!
real happy with how it's sounding with the tube screamer as well now

I tried it on my head too because Im a copycat and it makes no difference.
Whats the story with signal boost pedals,do they make you louder or lift your guitar above the rest of the shit or what?
I need something to lift my guitar above the rest in certain bits but really dont want to use another distortion pedal.

Whats the story with signal boost pedals,do they make you louder or lift your guitar above the rest of the shit or what?
I need something to lift my guitar above the rest in certain bits but really dont want to use another distortion pedal.
what about an EQ pedal? i've always found them useful for adding a bit of a boost.

use a compressor pedal with a ratio of 1:1 and turn up the output

what about an EQ pedal? i've always found them useful for adding a bit of a boost.

Yeah maybe,I tried using a chorus with the depth taken out and the output cranked but it wasnt great.
I will see if I can get hold of an EQ pedal for a try,Im sure I know somebody that has one.

the basic mxr eq is good and its cheap. but i 'd advise you get one of these http://media.zvex.com/superhardon.mov
its a boost but it over drives your amp when pushed and generally makes everything sound bigger. i usually set mine to about 12 o clock and rarely switch it off.

the basic mxr eq is good and its cheap. but i 'd advise you get one of these http://media.zvex.com/superhardon.mov
its a boost but it over drives your amp when pushed and generally makes everything sound bigger. i usually set mine to about 12 o clock and rarely switch it off.

How much are they and where did you get yours?
Wow the didfference on that rock riff was nuts.

How much are they and where did you get yours?
Wow the didfference on that rock riff was nuts.

its not cheap and it's very simple, i paid $184 for mine. you can get them on ebay. one of the best pedals i ever baught.

In the words of Jimmy Page,"it's all about pick attack"

You lot are all for complications aren't ye?

jimmy was right, the dynamic you generate with your elbow and wrist (steady!!!) makes the mist difference.

Compressers are a bad word in my book when it comes to guitars.
the compressor isnt actually compressing though Brian, its just lettin the signal go through clean, itll only compress when you change the ratio up from 1:1. , really, good studio trick for boosting or using as a pre-amp. so it should work as a pedal too

the compressor isnt actually compressing though Brian, its just lettin the signal go through clean, itll only compress when you change the ratio up from 1:1. , really, good studio trick for boosting or using as a pre-amp. so it should work as a pedal too

Surely that is just the same as what as I was doing with the chorus so???Im not doubting you,just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back