Major Pleasures (1 Viewer)

I'm on a train I've never been on before. The parents were going to somewhere in Kildare so dropped me here for the flight back.
They were willing to drive to the airport but I was "no, you guys go do your thing, enjoy yourself". But we don't mind. "No. You don't understand. I *want* to get the twain". Choo Choo!

Must say the canal at Maynooth is lovely.
It’s 10 miles from my house to Maynooth train station by the canal. My plan is to run the length of it some Sunday morning when it’s dry.

And then get the train back home from Maynooth

It’s 10 miles from my house to Maynooth train station by the canal. My plan is to run the length of it some Sunday morning when it’s dry.

And then get the train back home from Maynooth

Honestly, middle aged pleasures or whatever, I was quite impressed with how well kept everything was. There was a Polish, but very Irish, woman who fell in love with a little birdy on the water. There was a heron that was about twice the size of any heron I've seen here.

Attachments

• IMG_20231211_133854.jpg
    IMG_20231211_133854.jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231211_133638.jpg
    IMG_20231211_133638.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I used to live in the last bungalow that’s on your left as you pull into Maynooth station from Dublin. I walked through that little harbour every day to go to work in the university and made friends with the ducks. They were sound lads, especially Fred.

I used to live in the last bungalow that’s on your left as you pull into Maynooth station from Dublin. I walked through that little harbour every day to go to work in the university and made friends with the ducks. They were sound lads, especially Fred.

Ha! I've been off my gourd so many times cutting through that little harbour /station.

there is such a thing as a little *too* much painting.
now on room 3; two rooms complete. plus the space under the stairs, and some other prep work done.

yeah - trying to get a house painted in order to make it livable again, while continuing to live in it, is too much painting. (which I gather you're undertaking at the moment)...

a room at a time is a nice relaxing project...

any particular reason?
i've never got one, never had the burning need to. i've heard that it's great'n'all but if something goes wrong, their customer service is non-existent.

Revolut was all the rage here amongst my Eastern European colleagues. Whathappen?

Sidenote, whatever happened to the poster called whathappen?

I left them ages for at the time:

debatable relationships with russion oligarchs
you will do more work for the customer service system than they ever will
decided if i'm gonna prop up the banking system, i'm propping up the local credit union, who answer the phone and talk to you like a human.
also not really a me problem but it's designed to encourage AWFUL personal money managment.
Cash is better for pubs and tipping and the Irish ecomony in general, doesn't need a charging cable.

Other people might have other reasons, those were mine.

I still have one. I actually find it really handy for money management because of the vaults. Don’t have my wages going in. Just a few quid every week

I still have one. I actually find it really handy for money management because of the vaults. Don’t have my wages going in. Just a few quid every week

I have this with the credit union except it's a savings acc and a current acc under the one banner*

*I only pay charges for one acc, but they have two IBANs for me

any particular reason?
i've never got one, never had the burning need to. i've heard that it's great'n'all but if something goes wrong, their customer service is non-existent.
I only ever used it for one thing. When I tried to use it for something else it started asking me for access to my contacts. Eff that. Then it was asking me for all sorts of new ID I just thought fuck it I don't need this thing and it's just one more thing to be entangled if I died. Plus Russians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back