Major Pleasures (2 Viewers)

I'm on a train I've never been on before. The parents were going to somewhere in Kildare so dropped me here for the flight back.
They were willing to drive to the airport but I was "no, you guys go do your thing, enjoy yourself". But we don't mind. "No. You don't understand. I *want* to get the twain". Choo Choo!

Must say the canal at Maynooth is lovely.

I bought his beginners course a couple of years ago and still haven't done it. Maybe next year.
James Clear's book on habits really ruined this for me
He calls it Motion Vs Action

Like if I have to paint the spare room, and I go to Woodies and buy paint, I kid myself that's action, but it's actually just motion (i.e. planning, strategising, learning) that produces no result.
Action would be painting the room. It produces a result.

As the kids say, I felt attacked by this distinction.

Like if I have to paint the spare room, and I go to Woodies and buy paint, I kid myself that's action, but it's actually just motion (i.e. planning, strategising, learning) that produces no result.

James Clear is right

I do this all the time;Get tools and equipment with the hope it will spur me to do something, but it doesn't

Seen. We young persons say seen.

Seen. We young persons say seen.

Almost got away with it

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

I think the trick here would be to prep the room for painting maybe the night before but I'd argue that maybe do this all in one morning, go to woodies after the prep, get home and then start. You do have to finish it all, but you've started it.

I think the trick here would be to prep the room for painting maybe the night before but I'd argue that maybe do this all in one morning, go to woodies after the prep, get home and then start. You do have to finish it all, but you've started it.
Yep, once you commit to moving furniture and covering things up, it forces the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back