Major Pleasures (4 Viewers)

Woken up in the middle of the night with a stabbing pain in my chest. Lay awake all freaked out for ages.

Went to the doc this morning and he's like "were you breathless?".

Nope.

"Hmm" he says "show me where the pain was".

I showed him and he pokes me hard in the chest right in the spot. OOOOUUUUUCH!!!

"Not your heart" he says. Phew

(fucking wrecked from lying awake though)

Woken up in the middle of the night with a stabbing pain in my chest. Lay awake all freaked out for ages.

Went to the doc this morning and he's like "were you breathless?".

Nope.

"Hmm" he says "show me where the pain was".

I showed him and he pokes me hard in the chest right in the spot. OOOOUUUUUCH!!!

"Not your heart" he says. Phew

(fucking wrecked from lying awake though)
What was it? A Succubus I bet?

Fartmania!! can't wait for the season to begin.

My major pleasure for today (try to find one everyday folks), I showed up for work last night on time and amazingly so did everyone else. Even that guy who has never shown up on time once. And we smashed it out, and the clients' clients' client was well impressed with us. And my lads were great, all they had to do was listen and do. So they listened and did, and that was noted by everyone from the truck driver to the main man. And they learned a lot while doing it. My guys (all quite new) had never seen a plan executed well before. I think I won us a new client.

"I'll be in touch with your office, if you fancy a bit more rock'n'roll in your working life" said the main man.

Yes please. Book me for the Tool gig.

Fartmania!! can't wait for the season to begin.

My major pleasure for today (try to find one everyday folks), I showed up for work last night on time and amazingly so did everyone else. Even that guy who has never shown up on time once. And we smashed it out, and the clients' clients' client was well impressed with us. And my lads were great, all they had to do was listen and do. So they listened and did, and that was noted by everyone from the truck driver to the main man. And they learned a lot while doing it. My guys (all quite new) had never seen a plan executed well before. I think I won us a new client.

"I'll be in touch with your office, if you fancy a bit more rock'n'roll in your working life" said the main man.

Yes please. Book me for the Tool gig.
The A Team 80S GIF

Ah no. The lads are a clever lot, but they'd never done a "DO ALL OF IT IN TWO HOURS!!" kinda job. They'd never done a planned load out. But they got into it. There is a massive labour shortage over here. I'm glad my employers managed to find a few decent people. And there is a really good feeling when you show someone something, no matter how small, and they actually take it on board.

Same here with the massive labour shortage. Loads of people that left jobs during the pandemic won't go back to shitty minimum wage crap, and fair play to them. Plus, because of the shortage, all these same people are now getting offered decent wages for very similar stuff, I would think.
Before pandemic my main job was 13.50 per hour, which is pretty shit but hey. Now, since jobs started coming back around July, I'm doing work for a bunch of different companies, and none of them pay me less than 15 quid per hour, except the main job which is still 13.50 per hour and are of course mystified when they can't get enough people to work at jobs.

Same here with the massive labour shortage. Loads of people that left jobs during the pandemic won't go back to shitty minimum wage crap, and fair play to them. Plus, because of the shortage, all these same people are now getting offered decent wages for very similar stuff, I would think.
Before pandemic my main job was 13.50 per hour, which is pretty shit but hey. Now, since jobs started coming back around July, I'm doing work for a bunch of different companies, and none of them pay me less than 15 quid per hour, except the main job which is still 13.50 per hour and are of course mystified when they can't get enough people to work at jobs.
is your main job posting shite on thumped?

Same with you, my moonlighting jobs always pay better.

Starting rate in my work is £11.50*, I think it used to be £9.50, so these useless new guys really need to up their game. Some do, most don't. Move to London and get paid to be rubbish!!
Annoyingly they won't give guys like me a raise because they're just not making the money yet. So all the experienced guys heads are getting turned. But hey, the time for The Chat About My Rate is coming soon.

*London is expensive, and it's a zero hour type thing.

Tell them you're worth 2 of the useless guys they keep hiring, and you want your rate doubled.
Ah but my job isn't like your job. Anyone could do it really, but as one of the other experienced lads said "when the starting rate goes up, our value goes down". And experience definitely has value.

Also, sometimes the client doesn't care if we're any use or not. If that client can convince their client that a job needs 100 guys, then they'll book 100 guys and charge a healthy admin fee for doing it. Then we show up and just sit around. Sometimes it's like that, sometimes it isn't.

Anyway this nattering is for another thread.

A case in point and also todays major pleasure: Did fuck all today, got paid for it.

Uurgh. This client-of-client-of-client stuff is the enemy of anyone who actually does anything . Even in my line of work - I did the Luas website in 2005 or 2006 when I was freelancing, one guy in a village in Co. Louth doing the actual work at the bottom of a chain of consultants. In phone meetings with people in Dublin and France, none of whom were actually doing anything apart from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back