Major Pleasures (2 Viewers)

Landlord got us a new boiler, new shower and shower unit, and new washing machine ordered.
Any tips on getting landlords/ladies to get new stuff?

Our landlady is in her 80s, and tries to guilt us about her husband's dementia and private care treatment any time we ask for something. That's all unfortunate, but you still make about 24,000 euro a year off your tenants...

My room has two old single beds pushed together in place of a proper double bed [How the fuck am I ever going to do any riding in that???] .

Couch in the living room is also falling apart...

Who's responsibility is it to furnish the place appropriately is my question?

Any tips on getting landlords/ladies to get new stuff?

Our landlady is in her 80s, and tries to guilt us about her husband's dementia and private care treatment any time we ask for something. That's all unfortunate, but you still make about 24,000 euro a year off your tenants...

My room has two old single beds pushed together in place of a proper double bed [How the fuck am I ever going to do any riding in that???] .

Couch in the living room is also falling apart...

Who's responsibility is it to furnish the place appropriately is my question?
It's her's. Regardless of her age or the state of her husband's health.

But good luck getting anything out of her

It's her's. Regardless of her age or the state of her husband's health.

But good luck getting anything out of her
That's what I'm assuming.

My housemate says we won't get anything out of her. May have to ring up Citizens Advice down the road though.

She raised the rent there too in accordance with recommendations for the area, but apparently she's never made any improvements to the place. FFS.

My housemate says we won't get anything out of her. May have to ring up Citizens Advice down the road though.

She raised the rent there too in accordance with recommendations for the area, but apparently she's never made any improvements to the place. FFS.

Steal her prescriptions, dress in her clothes and con her husband out of a few quid

In the past, I've offered to replace stuff myself, and then send receipts, which then gets taken off the rent, or paid back.

It's a lot of faff, but at least you'll get something you like, something you need, and she won't have to do anything other than repay you money to improve her property. Citizens Advice is defo the way to go though.

Depends on the lease really. Our place came unfurnished but landlord is responsible for a handful of things that all happened to need sorting now. We just told them they were broken and they got sorted. We rent from a company though so it's usually fairly straight up, private landlords are always a bit more difficult in my experience.

Since around March we've had a new shower and new toilet, and they're both worse than the old ones haha. But they work. Our landlord is good though, since I've been in the house she's got us a new microwave, new washing machine, she's maybe the only decent landlord I've had in Dublin.

Returned to my local pub last night, first time since March 2020. Bunch of musicians in, brought my ukelele. Every hoary old rocker in the place knew every word of "Cry me a river". What a fucking joy.

I was kinda afraid I was looking back at this kinda shit with rose-tinted glasses and it wouldn't be near as much fun as I remembered, but it was. Couldn't keep the smile off my face

Returned to my local pub last night, first time since March 2020. Bunch of musicians in, brought my ukelele. Every hoary old rocker in the place knew every word of "Cry me a river". What a fucking joy.

I was kinda afraid I was looking back at this kinda shit with rose-tinted glasses and it wouldn't be near as much fun as I remembered, but it was. Couldn't keep the smile off my face
Coincidentally..my current browser tabs.
Man, there are some stretchy chords in this (Barney Kessel version)

2021-10-07.png

The Justin timberlake song? Class.

yep! I don't have the chops for that Julie London song
Davy Graham did a lovely, and easier version...*important - ignore the balloon

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's because they're hoary old rockers, so they love the misogyny anthem that is Cry Me a River by the CANCELLED Justin Trousersnake.

Though I'm sure I spent ten minutes learning it as well at some point. It's a good crowd pleaser for the non-woke.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the pub. Over here when they opened for a bit and went back to lockdown, it all just felt anxious and nervy to most of us, but this most recent relaxing of restrictions has felt really nice, in the way you described.

My favourite JT song is "what goes around comes around" which has an appalling video where everyone involved should have known better. Fucking amazing tune though (even if it is twice as long as it oughta be)
I don't remember ever hearing that song.. its great.. but that video! Is ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back