mad foreigner vegetables (1 Viewer)

So has anyone here ever eaten a Durian fruit? The ultimate mad foreigner fruit. They smell unbelievably vile but, apparently, taste like heaven. I had the opportunity once but chickened out ....

Durian.png

#10-7 said:
are they not yams?
are yams the same as sweet potatoes?

hmmn..
Yknow what, Kweeran? You're spot on, son. Yams are different to sweet potatoes.

In the United States, sweet potatoes (Ipomoea batatas) are often referred to as "yams". Sweet potatoes incorrectly labeled as "yams" are widely available in U.S. grocery stores. True yams are only found in specialty markets such as those that serve Asian or Caribbean communities.
But your photo was a little ambiguous. Fucks sake.

Yams:

Clone-of-Y-Yam-on-Yams-1.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

Sweet Potatoes:

sweetpotato.jpg

#10-7 said:
are they not yams?
are yams the same as sweet potatoes?

hmmn..
yeah, if you're a yank. you've been able to get the in ireland since i was a baby. i'm really only talking about the weird and wonderful vegetables which have been introduced to our shores in recent times which no one knows what to do with. but if there's general confusion about what what they are, i guess they have a home here too.

stupid idiots.

hag said:
yeah, if you're a yank. you've been able to get the in ireland since i was a baby. i'm really only talking about the weird and wonderful vegetables which have been introduced to our shores in recent times which no one knows what to do with. but if there's general confusion about what what they are, i guess they have a home here too.

stupid idiots.

I've never known a yam to get a man so worked up.

Work the vegetables, Hag. Don't let the vegetables work you.

Bellatrix said:
ugli.jpg

Uglis are yum.

Don't see them around as much anymore buh.

Ugli rock! Can still get them here in the uk no problems in season.

Even better though is this.

TH344_TH4480_Product2_pomelo.jpg

Ancestor of the grapefruit allegedly, so much sweeter though. Takes abouthalf an hour to eat with all the skin removing etc but well worth it. gotta take it right down to inside the sements though as the skins are pretty bitter.

Igor said:
Ugli rock! Can still get them here in the uk no problems in season.

Even better though is this.

TH344_TH4480_Product2_pomelo.jpg

Ancestor of the grapefruit allegedly, so much sweeter though. Takes abouthalf an hour to eat with all the skin removing etc but well worth it. gotta take it right down to inside the sements though as the skins are pretty bitter.
deadly information. never even heard of these before. and i love grapefruit too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back