mad foreigner vegetables (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
i'm always walkiing past those new-ish spice shops with the crazy vegetables outside, there's a couple around the jervis st centre with racks outside filled with all these amazing vegetables i've never seen before and have no idea what they are or taste like.

i propose a project. i'll kick it off. i'm going to buy one and take a picture of it and post it up. and the game's not over until someone (a) indetifies it and (b) comes up with a good recipe for cooking it.

to be continued...

mr%20phead.jpg

hag said:
i'm always walkiing past those new-ish spice shops with the crazy vegetables outside, there's a couple around the jervis st centre with racks outside filled with all these amazing vegetables i've never seen before and have no idea what they are or taste like.

i propose a project. i'll kick it off. i'm going to buy one and take a picture of it and post it up. and the game's not over until someone (a) indetifies it and (b) comes up with a good recipe for cooking it.

to be continued...

hey hag- im getting a chilli plant in a month, you know about them dontcha? giz some advice...

seanc said:
I was walking by spiceland today and I thought of this thread....

Any pics of these vegertables hag?
not yet. i'm planning on heading into town this weekend to pick one up. i'll take a picture and post it up. *so* exciting :)

#10-7 said:
sweet_potatoes2.jpg

these are nice.
treat them like spuds or turnip.
ye get then in the chinese shops!
they're sweet potatoes, been around these parts for years. you can also get them in supermarkets, beside the potatoes. they make real nice chips. nice with a roasted butternut squash.

259a.jpg

best way, i think, to do these fellas is slice them down the middle, scoup out seeds, baste exposed piece with oil, flick some dried herbs and black pepper over and roast in oven for around 40 mins. they take a surprisingly long time to cook. i hear they're also real good in soup but i never done tried that.

roxy said:
Yeahsowha? Sweet potatoes? Get dem in Nolan's innit.

What about mad foreigner fruits too, guys?
Starfruit are nice. Ye can get dem in Tescos.

starfruit.jpg
me had them before, i used to work in the elephant and castle and they served them in their fruit coctail... never got much of a taste offa them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back