Mór Festival (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, i was only there for sunday and i am midge-bitten to bejesus. how the little fuckers got into my shoes, i have no idea, but i have bites all over my toes. wee vampire bastards.

still, at least i didn't have the fun insect experience my flatmate had, who was stung by a wasp on saturday and needed to be hauled off to the doctors on sunday for an antihistamine injection because her leg had swollen up so much. the horror.

insects aside, had marvellous fun. highlights included karl him and austin's amazing dancing becky jacobs impersonation. oh, and just sitting around under the trees (man) drinking beer. yum.

sparse said:
Who else is taking Zirtek?

Man am I drowsey on this shit...............zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

I'm just taking my nails to my affected areas and scraping them across the millions of bites approximately once every 1.5 minutes. I've got them on my neck, shoulders, back, arms, legs and feet. Oooww.
Apart from that, Mor was rappa. V enjoyable indeed. Perhaps next year some correctly functioning toilets, another bar and some more food options would be a good idea too. And also the total removal of all flies, wasps, midges and winged creatures - Tullamore appears to be pest central.

kirstie said:
I'm just taking my nails to my affected areas and scraping them across the millions of bites approximately once every 1.5 minutes. I've got them on my neck, shoulders, back, arms, legs and feet. Oooww.
Apart from that, Mor was rappa. V enjoyable indeed. Perhaps next year some correctly functioning toilets, another bar and some more food options would be a good idea too. And also the total removal of all flies, wasps, midges and winged creatures - Tullamore appears to be pest central.

a friend of mine recommends ice cubes for midge bites. not that we have any in my office. ow. fuck.

what time did you leave the pub at on sunday, kirstie? i think i wilted relatively early.

minka said:
highlights included karl him

I seriously can't believe how great he was. Total hero. I thought Drone Guitar was all but nonexsitent in Ireland. This dude totally totally ruled. His album thingy is pretty great too.

also Simon O'JimmyCake turning into a black old preacher? Aces!

minka said:
a friend of mine recommends ice cubes for midge bites. not that we have any in my office. ow. fuck.

what time did you leave the pub at on sunday, kirstie? i think i wilted relatively early.

hmm.... about one-ish I think. I was in pieces at that point, just needed bed. Not that I got much sleep what with the constant scratching. Boo hoo

Karl Him was amazing... and Colleen was delighful!
Didn't see much else though...

Fantastic weekend - roll on next year when everyone will be given a packet of pampers!

that guy karl him used to be anodyne on decals ultramack label
only heard one song he did on a program called
"decade of dance" or somethin like that
10 years of irish dance music , anyway most of the program was
shite but one of his tunes was an amazing dark breakbeat track
i think he was only 15 or 16 and he did it on his amiga

thegoone said:
that guy karl him used to be anodyne on decals ultramack label
only heard one song he did on a program called
"decade of dance" or somethin like that
10 years of irish dance music , anyway most of the program was
shite but one of his tunes was an amazing dark breakbeat track
i think he was only 15 or 16 and he did it on his amiga

karl him is not anodyne

DEAR GOD MAKE THE ITCHING STOP!!!!

Highlights: Somadrone, Wevie Stonder, Max T, Rollers/Sparkers.
The sunshine, All the nice people who shared food/
beers oh and Simon O'Connors impression of a
southern blues singer.

Lowlights: TOILETS, nobody telling anyone when the meal was
available, INSECT BITES, People having to queue for
ages to get into the Castle on Sat night only to be
faced with Nina Hynes making the most god awful pile
of pretenscious gakk, expensive cans.

Well done to everyone involved. There was a huge amount of work put in to make it happen and the above gripes are only minor. Neither the organisers nor the Castle personnel had ever dealt with that size event before and I think everyone did pretty damn good for a first run. All the problems were noted and I can guarantee next year will be a million times better.

Personal congrats to Michael, Mossy, Paul, Neil, John and Roller/Sparkers, Kristian and anyone else kept their cool in the madder moments.

Onwards and upwards!

I can't quite understand why everyone was going mad for weevie stonder, I mean they were funny for like five minutes then became very dull very quickly. My highlights were half set, decal, lackluster and felix cubin, that crazy german guy, he rules. Oh and of course not forgetting THE highlight, chris from the chalets short shorts. And pantone being the drunkest man in the world on saturday and stealing cans from backstage and jumping the beer queue.

The guy who was to do the sound in the castle room couldn't make it so we had to wing it. Huge thanks to Ross Carroll who did a brilliant job.

It was madness, I can't make sense of it all yet, but everyone was so helpful that it was a pleasure too.

Opening the room so late on the sat was a disaster... but the music was great... most of it anyway.

So a couple of weeks off and then we will start planning More Mor!!

Wheels said:
.......with Nina Hynes making the most god awful pile of pretenscious gakk, !

Aye - I didn't bother going inside, but that girl sure can be a load of floppy old donkey dick.

The Chilli King said:
Aye - I didn't bother going inside, but that girl sure can be a load of floppy old donkey dick.

she really is absolutely shite, yes.

Robbie Analog said:
And pantone being the drunkest man in the world on saturday and stealing cans from backstage and jumping the beer queue.

I didn't "steal", I... I... I'm not sure what I did... aquired.... I don't remember much... um... was I really drunkest man in the world?

yay me!!

highlights:

*my computer not exploding on stage and people dancing instead of chin stroking
*michael morris
*unclealo's cans
*staying up eating sugared worms and talking nonsense till 6.30am
*mini muffins
*double adaptor
*s.t and i watching fireworks from the back of a petrol station before we went home
*paul watts for being super and neilo and co for giving us a lift down.
*everyone for policing themselves

lowlights:
*midges
*s.t. getting stung and another friend having to go to hospital because her sting had swolen up badly
*missing pierre bastian
*toilets situ.

otherwise, best weekend i've had in about 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back